1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Firmware

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by dhpchris, Feb 11, 2005.

1. dhpchris

dhpchris Member

I've got a MAC G4 OS 10.2.8 that is about 3 years old. I've been told that my firmware on my internal DVD burner may be outdated. Is it possible to download new firmware? What about getting a new burner? I was told a Pioneer AO8 is the way to go. I saw it at the store and the box says it's not MAC compatible. Can you help?

2. bardie

bardie Regular member

If you go to your original burners manufacturers web site, you will be able to see if there is a firmware update for it.
    If you are running a MAC and the burner you are looking at says its not compatable with a MAC then I certainly would not buy it.

3. Weirdo007

Weirdo007 Regular member

Just to add to Bardie's post a little, If and when you go to download new firmware, make [bold]DAMN SURE[/bold] that the firmware matches up to your drive model [bold]EXACTLY![/bold] Close will not cut it, it must match the correct firmware for your particular model of burner. If you don't get the right one, you risk permanently damaging your drive rendering it useless. Just be careful. :)

Last edited: Feb 11, 2005