1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First Attempt to Backup XBOX Game (Almost!)

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by MrBlkMgic, Aug 28, 2004.

1. MrBlkMgic

MrBlkMgic Guest

I've been reading up for about two weeks on how to backup an xbox game. I've successfully connected to my xbox from my computer and I've even FTP a game I had saved on the XBOX drive into a folder. I then used a program to take that folder and make it an .iso I then burned a the .iso to a DVD. The disc booted as if the game was going to work. I even made it to the selection screen to choose what mode I wnted to play. I thought at this point I was home free. However, when I pressed start to begin the game I received a black scree with the message "The disc you are using may be dirty or damaged". Did I for get to do something? Or is there a file that has to be patched in all games? Where did I go wrong? Help anyone!

2. ozy

ozy Regular member

it maybe the media you are using. Xbox's are very fussy to the discs used in them. try using princo, verbatim or ritek.

3. clarky

clarky Regular member

If the game started thwe media is not an issue. It seems like a file is missing from your transfer, when the xbox tries to read this file, it cannot find it, and hence gives the dde message.

Since you know how to connect ok,try it this way:

Put xbox game in
    open up the D: contents in fxp
    highlight the entire contents and drag them over to a file of your choosing on the left hand side (your pc side)
    The transfer will start
    when it is complete patch the .xbe files with qwix or craxtion.
    Then create your iso file
    then burn it as an image.
    It should work fine.

Check the bottom left of flash when your transfering, if you see any red 'x' the you will need to clean your disk and do it again.

let us know how you get on.

Clarky