1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First DVD-R worked like a charm, now it's not...

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by bezzle, Dec 28, 2004.

1. bezzle

bezzle Member

I got my DVD burner 2 weeks ago, and I've been skimming the forums and found out how to use DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink before using Nero. Well I used it last weekend, ripped the files, burnt it on a Maxell DVD-R, and it worked perfectly. Now I try to do the same thing with different movies and it keeps giving me different errors; power calibration error, etc. and now I can't get it to work at all. It takes FOREVER to stop churning and blinking when I put a blank DVD-R in there, and once it does it is fine until I start the burn process, in which it cancels due to error.

THIS IS PISSING ME OFF SO BAD! HELP ME PLEASE!

BTW, I tried a Sony DVD+R and it worked fine, but won't play in my PlayStation2. The DVD-R did, but now I can't get my DVD-R's to burn. Only DVD+R's.

Any suggestions? This is seriously causing me huge stress and I'm ready to take my Louisville Slugger to my brand new burner...

2. kchev

kchev Regular member

what kind of burner do you have?
    try different -R media

3. bezzle

bezzle Member

My Burner is an I/O magic dual format Double layer USB 16x dvd burner.

I don't understand why the first Maxell DVD-R worked, but now they aren't...that doesn't make any sense to me.

4. kchev

kchev Regular member

possible bad spindle?
    have you tried some out of middle and towards bottom of spindle?
    firmware updated?

5. bezzle

bezzle Member

I've tried one in the front, which worked. My 2nd-8th disc did not burn correctly. I tried a few from the back, too. None have worked since that very 1st burn.

6. bezzle

bezzle Member

Just tried another disc, this time I got a different error: session fixation error.

This is absolutely f'in ridiculous.

7. makabenta

makabenta Member

I may have similar problem, I have been using Shrink successfully for months and lately it starts to freeze my computer. I tried removing and reloading Shrink and it's still doing the same.

8. docweldon

docweldon Member

This seems to be a common problem, it could be that the I\o Magic is a bad product. I was able to burn several dvd's prior to the same problem...power calibration error...I\O wont answer the phone, no response to e-mails and their tech chat is off line....any ideas