1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

first dvd2svcd creation a raging hit..... almost

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by dankehoe1, Apr 8, 2002.

1. dankehoe1

dankehoe1 Guest

well, i finally did it, created a sucessful (two actually) disc using dvd2svcd. the image quality is unfrigginbelievable!! well worth the time. however, i have cce ver 2.5 and applied the logo patch, but, the logo is still there. the patch executed succesfully too. or so it says. any thoughts? thanks

2. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Don't bother using pirated stuff, use TMPGEnc instead as DVD2SVCD finally supports it as well. Using multipass with TMPGEnc produces pretty much exact results as CCE does (speaking of TMPGEnc 2.5)

3. dankehoe1

dankehoe1 Guest

okay, thanks doc. question though, i am running dvd2svcd at one pass vbr with temporal smoothing on and a radius and strength of 2 and 2. if i use tmpgenc, will these settings be supported and will the result be as excellent and will it take as (relatively) little time? thanks

4. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Can't say for sure, haven't used DVD2SVCD for a while now, just for testing purposes and I always use multipass VBR, because it _really_ delivers much better quality than one pass. But yeah, it takes at least 2x the time of 1-pass encoding (or 3-10 times if you use CCE's multipass, like 4-pass encoding).