1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

first it read the disc then dirty disc error!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by woody1997, Jan 29, 2005.

1. woody1997

woody1997 Member

i have a modded xbox with a philips drive in it (1.6)
    I downloaded colin mcrae 2005 and burned it with nero to a dvd+r on an dvd. I inserted the disc in the xbox and it read him but after maybe 3 times played for a couple of times it says disc damaged (dirty). The strange thing is i have bought other copied game wich is burned on arita dvd-r and it has no problems with it.

does anybody knows if the philips drive does not play philips dvd+r properly???

and which brands of dvd-r does it play maybe?
    please help me

Thomas (Holland)

2. gcroxx

gcroxx Member

i have a friend with the same problem with fable. he only played it a few times. and then it only played the begin movies(sometimes) or even nothing. he burned it on a DVD+r memorex. i think it damages the disc but i'm not sure i never had this prob because my Xbox only reads -r\rw. but keep in mind that DVD-r is the bestest media to record to and has the bestest read speeds.

3. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

1/ downloading games is illegal, hence not allowed on the forum
    2/ yes it does depend on the media
    3/ check your xbox dvd drive type/ brand
    4/ use sony oem or ritek dvd-r I have most success with them (especially the sony oem dvd-r they all work on all versions of drive)

4. elusiv1

elusiv1 Regular member

I agree with the guys, the dvd-r have always worked for me. I know the Thompson and Samsung take dvd-r but don't know about +r.