1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

first problems outa nowhere

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by WiteWizrd, Dec 29, 2004.

1. WiteWizrd

WiteWizrd Regular member

just got a burner. sony double layer 8x. i have been backing up some of my movies, irobot, extreme days, collateral. they all work fine, i use the same tactic of burning....decrypter, infedit, dvdshrink, and nero burning rom. but now all a sudden im getting problems once my new backups go into the dvd player. Tears of the Sun freezes half way through the movie, Independance Day skips back 1 min and replays it at the beggining of ever chapter. and wierd stuff like that. i dont understand i didnt do anything differently from my other burns, and when i test the files on the computer with cyberlink powerdvd the files have no ploblem. so im guessing its a problem with burning rom right? plz help

Last edited: Dec 29, 2004
  2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

What brand media are you using? It sounds like a media related problem. With some of the cheaper media you could get several good burns then start having playback problems. Its because the production quality varies too much. Some good--some bad out of the same batch.

Jerry

3. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

I agree with jerry, definite media issue. Whatever media you are using, burn them as slow as you can.

Poor media,slow burn speed. The higher quality media usually fix these problems.

4. WiteWizrd

WiteWizrd Regular member

hey thanks for responding. im using TDK dvd-r. i think you might be right...i was just watching irobot one of the backups that actually worked, and it all of a sudden now it starts freezing in the middle 2. not a complete freeze, i can skip back chapters and will play fine, but will stop again when it gets to a certain part every time now. this stuff is startin to get aggrevating.