1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

first sensor on the slim ps2

Discussion in 'PS2' started by sagex269, Jul 21, 2007.

1. sagex269

sagex269 Member

Well, got a slight problem
    I tried the trick of blocking the 3 sensors to play backup games, but when I put the object in to block the first sensor, the switch snapped off.
    I got the switch and the thing that holds it on the light, but I lost the spring... and I've been trying just about anything I can think of to fix it.
    So is there anything else I can do to fix it, or get it to where the disc spins anyway?

2. rdn98

rdn98 Regular member

which sensor is it?

best if you had a picture and point it out

is it the one by lower right hand corner, by the laser, or the one to the upper most top left?

3. sagex269

sagex269 Member

yes, the one in the lower right hand corner.
    It's the one near the power button.
    sry, I cant provide a pic... my camera isnt compatible with my friend's computer.

4. rdn98

rdn98 Regular member

from what I remember, just put a small piece of tissue in that hole and you should be good.

5. sagex269

sagex269 Member

I'm not trying to block the sensor though; that sensor is actually broken. I need to fix it.

If I still had the spring, I could easily fix it. Because for that sensor, when that switch is pushed down, the ends of the spring touch the bottom of the switch's holding when there's pressure applied.
    So I need to know if I can use anything else to act as the spring, or if there's something else I can do, because right now I can't play any games with that sensor being broken.

6. rdn98

rdn98 Regular member

You might be out of luck. Unless you jimmy your own spring like from a watch, or make your own, I don't know what to say. I am unsure if ps2 websites online can sell you such a spring. Maybe you can do a search on craigslist and find a broken ps2 or something and get a spring, but that doesn't seem like a viable option now does it?

I don't know what else to tell ya. I supposed you looked for hours on the carpet for a spring. :)

7. sagex269

sagex269 Member

lol, I actually did look through the carpet trying to find the spring. Of course it's nearly impossible to find it now.

For those of you who need a pic of what it looks like, here they are.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v173/Gstlap/100_1670.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v173/Gstlap/100_1671.jpg

The objects circled in red is where there sensor is broken, and the ones in green are the pieces remaining from the sensor.
    And the first picture is the one that actually shows where the sensor is and how it's broken.
    As for the objects, the black thing is the actual switch for the lid, and the silver one (kinda hard to see) is what held the switch and spring in.
    Mainly, all I need to know is what I can use to act as the spring... If there's any household item I could use, that'd be awesome.
    If I could take out something else from any other kind of electronic device, then I'm willing.

Or if it's a lost cause, then go ahead and say it now lol
    I'm already upset over the whole thing being broken, so might as well spoil it now.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2007
  8. rdn98

rdn98 Regular member

So what is the action you need to do , hold the sensor down?

Have something to depress the senor and hold it there? If so, maybe something extreme like some scotch tape could work, or something similiar. It may not be pretty, but if something works, then it works right!

Yea, you are like on the fence between workable and un-workable ps2.