1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First time DVD shrink user with Roxio Drag to Disc

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by jhilde, Oct 28, 2004.

1. jhilde

jhilde Member

It appears the copy process went fine but I'm having problems burning the file to DVD that can be used in my DVD player. Am I supposed to drag both the audio and video folders, or do I need to drag individual files? Do I use the ISO or UDF settings when I eject

2. newsdude1

newsdude1 Member

In my opinion get rid of Roxio, it's crap. I use DvD Shrink and Dvd Decrypter and it works great. It's simple to use and makes excellent copies. I had nothing but headaches with Roxio.

3. jhilde

jhilde Member

I've always used DVD XCopy for copying and never had anything I couldn't copy until the Sopranos Season 4 disc 2. So this is just a one time situation so I'd like to use Roxio if I could rather than delting the Roxio and/or dowloading another copy program. If you know any way to do it based on your experience with the Roxio program I'd appreciate it.

4. jacota20

jacota20 Member

agree with newsdude1.
    roxio is junk. not worth the hassle.

this may seem the long way around, but since youve ripped it and already have shrink, go ahead and download dvd decrypter. its free and it will burn a great dvd. dont worry about dragging files, and leave your settings as they are. default settings are usually ok.

when decrypter is installed, open up shrink, click the button at top named "full disc". now click "open files", browse to your movie files on hard drive, and click on the folder with movie in it, then the folder that says "video_ts". click ok, and movie files will be imported into shrink. when the import is finished, click on "BACKUP" next to full disc. in the window that comes up, click the down arrow next to "hard disk folder" and choose "iso image file and burn with dvd decrypter". click ok. shrink will then create an iso image on hard drive and when finished will open up decrypter and burn to dvd. decrypter will burn to all formats and will tell you when dvd is finished.

very important: when creating an iso and burning a dvd leave your computer alone until burn is finished.

5. jhilde

jhilde Member

Thanks for the suggestions, I finally got the DVD burned and it's working

6. jhilde

jhilde Member

Thanks for the suggestions, I finally got the DVD burned and it's working

7. linroot

linroot Guest

Hi all

I had the exact same problem with Roxio Drag-to-Disc, however this is another way to overcome the issue...

Using DVD Shrink 3.1, choose 'Full Disc', then 'Open Disc' and let the program analyze the contents. Once it's done that, choose to backup the DVD and save it to your HDD. Choose to create the 'VIDEO_TS' & 'AUDIO_TS' subfolders! When done, insert a blank DVD+RW (or whatever media your drive supports) and then run Roxio Creator Classic. Choose a Data project and import the 'VIDEO_TS' folder. Then just simply burn to the disc. It automatically sets the UDF filesystem and will then play on any stand-alone or other DVD players!

Good Luck
    Enjoy!