1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First time here and need help badly ,thanx

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Daz74, Sep 5, 2004.

1. Daz74

Daz74 Guest

well im attempting to back up ps2 games with no sucess,ive read the forums here but it makes no sense to me,i downloaded dvd shrink and decrypter burned a ps2 game on decrypter everything went fine untill i went to put the game in my modded ps2, it didnt even reconise a disc was in the ps2, can anyone tell me whats gone wrong??? p.s dont get to technicol on me,lol thanx

2. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

ok a few simple questions
    what game is it your trying to backup?
    did you use dvd decrypter in mode iso read/mode iso write to create your copy?
    what type/brand of dvdr discs did you use?
    what speed did you burn at?
    what boot method do you use to boot your backups?
    what version ps2 do you have?

3. Daz74

Daz74 Guest

the game is "starsky and hutch"i used decrypter in ISO mose (read and write) i use TDK discs at burn speed 1.4x. This is the first time ive tried booting a back up copy since i got the chip (mesiah mod) my ps2 is version spch-39002.

4. Daz74

Daz74 Guest

Ummm Any helpers????

5. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

have you tried pressing the reset button after you inserted the game backup, do you have a friend with a modded ps2 that you can try the backup on to make sure it's a problem with the backup not your ps2

6. Daz74

Daz74 Guest

yeah i've tried everything.... A friend is getting a modded ps2 at the end of the week.im not sure if i've done the burn properly.i've also tried downloading off kazaa the guide to downloading ps2 games,but makes no sense to me.

7. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

can't see how you can go wrong using dvd decrypter to create a backup game all you do is use mode iso read to create your image then mode iso write to burn it, if you dont get any errors then it should work

8. Daz74

Daz74 Guest

ok,so do you use a cdr or a dvdr for ps2 games?

9. Rotary8

Rotary8 Member

If its a silver bottom you use DVD discs and if its a blue bottom you use cdr discs.

10. Daz74

Daz74 Guest

ok thanx to everyone who helped me with my problem,i will try another burn of a differant game( the getaway)and see what happens.But if same prob appears "I'll Be Back"
    thanx