1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First Time Using CEE - Question

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by 0101, Feb 9, 2003.

1. 0101

0101 Member

Encoded using CCE,now have a .mpv and some other file,renamed .mpv to .m2v,also have an AC3 audio file from DVD2AVI.

How do i get these files to DVDR? Which is the best method?
    (I DO NOT HAVE Maestro nor Scenarist.
    I DO HAVE - Spruceup/Ulead DVDWorkshop/Adobe Premiere/Macromedia Director Shockwave Studio)

i would be very greatful for any help,thanks.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2003
  2. HomerJ

HomerJ Moderator Staff Member

Use Spruce UP !!

BUT, before you do, make sure you're *.ac3 file has exactly the same name as you're *.m2v file, AND... they are both in the same directory.

Open Spruce Up. Go file>Import

You should see the name of you're *.m2v file

Import it.

Spruce Up will load the *.m2v file, then the *.ac3 file a few seconds after. You should see a small blue speaker icon against the file to indicate that there is an audio file attached to the video.

Report back when you have managed to get this far.

Form what you have written, you have al the tools (bar one small one, Imgtool, and that's a freebie) to burn a great DVD backup.

HomerJ

3. malum

malum Regular member

http://www.dvd2dvdr.com

The Ifoedit guide
    You can just author a dvd using IFOedit and those two files you mention, the above walks you through it.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2003
  4. 0101

0101 Member

thanks.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2003
  5. 0101

0101 Member

Homerj

i have created the menu using spruceup and saved title to the spruce directory.i now have all vobs ifo files etc + a LAY file(think it's LAY),i then used ifoedit to change format back to pal 16:9 letterbox.

do i now create new ifo's with ifoedit,get vts sectors,burn to dvdr?

thanks

6. HomerJ

You're nearly there.

Clever of you to use Ifoedit to convert back to 16:9 (because Spruce Up does'nt support it.)

You can try and use Ifoedit and get new VTS sectors.

You shouldn't need to, but, changing the screen format might mean you do. Either way, try it, you can't do any harm.

As for the burning part, you will need to delete the *.lay file. This is not needed.

You could use Spruce Up to burn but I use DVD Factory, and have Used Nero in the past (ver 5.5.9.0, but I hear there is a lot better version going around these days.

Hope that helps.

HomerJ

7. 0101

0101 Member

ok,burned video_ts files to dvdr using the imgtool(got the latest version of nero),tested dvdr on pc and standalone,No sound,everything else is first class.
    do i need to place the ac3 audio file i got from dvd2avi into the vidoe_ts folder?
    i thought spruce was suppose to load the ac3 while importing the movie file?

any ideas?

8. HomerJ

Well, on the positive side, it's great news that you're DVD played.

Whopeee....

As for the audio, checkout what I said to you on 9th Feb (2nd message in this thread)

I suspect the answer will be "no little blue speaker"

If this is the case, the answer is probably that your *.ac3 file is not named EXACTLY the same as you're *.m2v file.

Use Nero to check this out, it will display the full and true file name and extension (unlike Windows Explorer)

You should HAVE TO reduce the file name of the audio file (I ALWAYS have to do this when I use DVD2AVI)

Typically it will be something like :-

<movie> AC3 T01 3_2ch 448Kbps DELAY 0ms.ac3

where <movie> is your file name

edit it to

<movie>.ac3

your video file should be :-

<movie>.m2v

Simple ?

Unfortunately, you will have to go back to Spruce Up, and do the whole process again. But you will have the confidence of knowing that it will play at the end.

HomerJ

9. 0101

0101 Member

ahhh right!! i didn't realise i needed to erase the AC3 T01 3_2ch 448Kbps DELAY 0ms part of the file,thought you meant make sure it is named the same as "movie".m2v,as in "movie".AC3 T01 3_2ch 448Kbps DELAY 0ms.ac3,my mistake.

shall put it right,spruce is a breeze so doing the whole process again shouldn't be a problem,i will let you know how it went

10. 0101

0101 Member

done as stated,No sound,tested it in spruceup using simulation mode.

do i need some kind of AC3 codec for dvd2avi or spruceup? what settings do YOU use for dvd2avi with regards to AC3 audio?

thanks

11. malum

malum Regular member

Would this be a good time to say that if you had used IFOedit to author it you would have been done and dusted a long time ago?

12. 0101

0101 Member

probably not malum,it seems my AC3 audio file was of no use,i believe the problem lay with dvd2avi where i did not change certain settings.
    also i did'nt think ifoedit could create menus/chapters,is this the case?

guess i will need to start from scratch.

thanks for all the help

13. malum

malum Regular member

If your ac3 file was borked then you may have had trouble, but if that is the case then you wouldn't be able to use it in any authoring program

IFOedit will not create menus but it will create chapter points where ever you tell it to with a simple text file

14. HomerJ

Are you OK on this now ? If you want to check your *.ac3 file, just open it using Windows Media Player (don't worry about the lenght of the play time.)

Malum,

Not sure about Ifoedit, I use version 0.91, and you can't use CCE files with it. (Not sure waht version 0101 is using thought)

HomerJ

15. malum

malum Regular member

I'm using 0.95 and it has no problem with CCE files

16. 0101

0101 Member

it was my AC3,i'll start from scratch,if help is need i will start a new thread with similar heading - thank you both

Last edited: Feb 13, 2003
  17. bw8755

bw8755 Member

Here's a related question. I'm trying to create my DVD using Maestro. I've imported the m2v files with the .ac3 files. SO far so good. I placed my video on the time line and created the sync audio track. So far so good. But when it finishes the audio track is only PCM 2channel. I lost the DD 3/2 channel. Any ideas what went wrong?

The .ac3's were from DVD2AVI. I'm totally lost here. Any help? Thanks

18. 0101

0101 Member

i always edit the audio & subpicture settings using ifoedit.take a look here,will give an idea how it's done:
    http://mpucoder.kewlhair.com/derrow/createifo.html

you will need to edit both the video_ts.ifo & vts_01_0.ifo

usually i'll load vts_01_0.ifo,click on vtsi_mat and edit the audio 1/subpicture 1 values,click save.then do same for video_ts_ifo

if further help is needed post here and i'll try to help