1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

first xbox 360 mod, Help please

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by danny565, Jun 23, 2007.

1. danny565

danny565 Guest

Hi all

i have modded quite a few Wii's for some mates, but someone has now asked me to do there xbox 360 for them. The chip im thinking of using is the XENO-360 MODCHIP is this a good choice?

I have also read a lot about people getting band from xbox live, is this from the console being chipped or from the firmware being upgraded? if its the firmware being upgraded do i need to flash the firmware in order to play backup games.

Lastly is there anything else i shouold be aware of when modding the 360 such as laser trouble etc

Cheers for any help

Danny

2. BurningAs

BurningAs Regular member

If you really want to chip it, thats fine, but it's better and cheapter to just flash the DVD drive.

Getting baned is from flashing FW and running non stealth backups. If u use the latest ixtreme FW and use all stealth backup games, you won't get baned.

Absolutly no laser troubles. more frequent in the past-People like to mess with their pot setting when backups dont boot. they burn out their laser only to find out they are using crap unreadable media to began with. dont mess with laser.

GL

3. danny565

danny565 Guest

cheers for the help i think i will just flash the FW for him then, just a quick question, what is the difference between stealth and non stealth games