1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fitting a 2 disk movie onto 1 DVD

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by 455kHz, Apr 19, 2007.

1. 455kHz

455kHz Member

I'm trying to get Ben Hur onto 1 disk using DVDdecryptor, Shrink and Vobblank. After ripping, blanking, shrinking and burning just the main movie I get the video and the music soundtrack but no dialogue. I know from the menu there is an option to listen to just the music (what a dopey option) so I must eliminating something I shouldn't but it's a real stuggle to get the movie to fit. What should I look out for or is there a better way?

Thanks for any help

2. T1tan

T1tan Member

3. 455kHz

455kHz Member

Thanks for the heads-up. I looked at that method before but it didn't look quite what I wanted but I will give it a try.

4. 455kHz

455kHz Member

I tried to use vobedit but I got lost in the instructions after finding "the last Navigation pack". Don't understand the next steps so I'm stumped.

5. retrotube

retrotube Member

I use CloneDVD (the real Slysoft version - not the CloneDVD.net crap) for copying DVDs and it auto-compresses very efficiently. They also have a fully-featured 21-day free trial version.
    http://www.slysoft.com/en/clonedvd.html

As for the music only option, the Ben Hur score/soundtrack is probably the greatest in cinematic history.

-