1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fitting a movie onto one CDR.

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by mapex5, Aug 17, 2004.

1. mapex5

mapex5 Member

I keep trying to find and answer to my question and end up seeing closely related threads but it seems they keep taking about 'cutting' and 'splitting' using TPMGEnc and talk of using 2 CDRs for the movie. That's not what I need. I need to burn a movie (either AVI or MPEG) onto ONE, just ONE. Once the AVI gets converted to MPEG it's up in the 1 gigabyte range. I need to know if there's a way to compact it or whatever it takes to force it to fit on ONE 700 MB CDR.

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Hi,

Are you using TMPGEnc to convert to MPEG-2 or MPEG-1?

3. mapex5

mapex5 Member

Hi,
    MPEG-1.

4. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

5. Shoey

Shoey Guest

MPEG1 is VCD which is not the greatest video quality m8. If it were me, I personally would use DVD2SVCD using CCE (Cinema Craft Encoder) and convert .AVI file to VCD or SVCD. Most of the .AVI files I convert fit on one cd-r but no guarentee for you m8.

6. mapex5

mapex5 Member

NEPHILIM: I did use that link and read through it, it still seems they're talking all about sectioning the movie and using 2 or 3 CDs. So finally I just gave in and used TPMG to chop it in half to put it on 2 discs - guess what? No audio after conversion. Found out TPMG won't convert the audio correctly if it's a certain type. So I gave up again and just watched the movie on the computer. Way too much work and time to do all these conversions.

SHOEY: As soon as I have a chance I will check out the DVD2SVCD program you're suggesting.