1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fix Audio Video Sync Problem

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by timmins99, Aug 23, 2007.

1. timmins99

timmins99 Member

How do I fix a avi file that has a audio-video sync problem that starts out not too bad but ends up by half way through by more than a few seconds.

2. MysticE

MysticE Active member

Search these forums, this has been discussed a few hundred times.

3. NuckNFuts

NuckNFuts Regular member

I too am researching this issue with no luck as of yet for the past few months. Yes, it gets asked a lot but NO real clear ansers. I think I can ask for all of us that we'd really like to get to a understanding of the basics from a known good good working install on various Intel based systems.

For myself, I ask to know what the bare essentials to be installed to work correctly to both go from DVD to Xvid and Xvid to DVD. Also a list of know conflicting apps that do not work on the same system. I have not yet got any good leads to a informative troubleshooting sorse. I am still reading, but there is just so much to weed through only to get the same "not really sure" answers. My issue is not with viewing (Divx does fine and on 2 PC's NeroShowTime) I want to transcode to and from DVD or AVI.

Thankx in advance!

Last edited: Sep 13, 2007
  4. jony218

jony218 Guest

I gave up trying to fix an AVI that was out of sync. I read the forums and tried all the software recommendations, but I could never get the AVI in perfect sync. I got close, but the movie would still be out of sync where it was distracting to me.

What I do now is run every movie I decryt through Fixvts (whether it needs it or not). I believe when you decrypt a video, dummy data is still present, which needs to removed. Fixvts seems to work, because I haven't had an out of sync conversion since I've been using it.

Also I only use two programs to convert my files to xvid, Fairuse and Dr.Divx 2.0 (both free). Fairuse has worked perfectly for me, in over 100 conversions, still haven't had a audio sync problem. I got to the point where I'm not going to waste my time in trying to make a particular program work for me, I'm just going to use the programs that actually work.

My advice is not to even waste your time trying to get an AVI back in sync, you might get most of it in sync but there will always be sections that are going to be out of sync. Get the right programs so it gets done right the first time.

5. NuckNFuts

NuckNFuts Regular member

I found the fix I mentioned above to work and will now remove to test the new v8.0.3.0 or v7.10xxx. But again one old install is from the CD v7.7.xx extracted to net HDD and since been gones and a notebook that got v7.9.6.0 installled with the online download from Nero (compressed auto launch). What is the correct way to removes these installs so I can reinstall direct from CD ay other version I choose without causing the probs as when using Nero Clean Tool to remove my early v7.0.0.0?