1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fix For E74?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by matt159, Nov 8, 2007.

1. matt159

matt159 Guest

i have got one flashing red light (the bottom right of the circle)
    and the error code E74.went to xbox site the error means something to do with my av cable,so i have brought a new one and i still get this problem is there any way that i can fix this or is my xbox360 dead?

2. 2lads

2lads Member

weve had this over the last few weeks,,,,,,,,,, have posted on here,, and googled it a lot,,,,,quizzed the "company " i got it from, they said its dead,,,,,, sent it for repair to a local chap, he said it was best to send it back ot MS as its a pre cursor for the RROD,,,,,,, thats next,,,,,,,,,,, so its going back,,,,,, (is yours flashed)????ours is and im expecting the police at the door cos MS have All me details!!!

3. matt159

matt159 Guest

yes mine is flashed but not going to send it back to MS will try to raise some cash and get a new one

4. thegrunt

thegrunt Regular member

Call up MS and tell them it flashes 3 red lights,and wait until you get a replacement 360 back.It worked for me:)

5. 2lads

2lads Member

Matt, just out of curiosity, why arent you sending it back,?? because of the flashing thingy?? i told MS there was one red liget and E74 and they said it was fixable,,, ( didnt tell em bout the other thingy)im really worreid about seniding it incase ( and ive said before but im a born worrier) i get a call from some official types,,,,,,, doom and gloom me,,,,

6. matt159

matt159 Guest

yes that why i am not sending it back just in case they come for me
    good luck with sending yours in

7. 2lads

2lads Member

blonde qustion now,,,,,,,,, but would they, and is that your honest reason,,,,, you never know do ya?? they havent sent me the emailed lable for shipping yet,,,3 days late,,,,,, so might not bother,, ive read loads sent theirs back but seems to be US,,, are you uk??
    sorry to sound feeble,,,,,, im a mum trying to get this done for her kids,,,,,,,,,,,who have just had me go up the loft for the nintendo 64!!!aaaaaaahhhh

8. eire

eire Member

Can you not just flash the drive back to original firmware and then send it back? If they ask why the seal's broken just tell them you had someone else try and fix it and they couldn't. Is it still under warranty?

9. 2lads

2lads Member

"company " i got it from said they will unflash it,,,,,,,, and send it back, then i send it off to MS,, get it back, hopefully but they might not cos the seal is GONE anyway,,, then IF i get one repaired back, send it back to "company" and get it re flashed,,,,,,, all for £60!!!! for it to break again in 6 months and pay all over again,,,,,,,,, yes its under warranty ,,,,,,,, i darent take the risk,,,, some say it will get done, some say, you could get a phone call about the flashing,,, the luck i get in life ill end up on crime watch as the first one done!!!heeeeeeeelp........how much is a core awith out hard drive or controllers

10. eire

eire Member

if you really want a new one you could buy one on ebay, there's even some there pre flashed.

Could you not flash your own? What drive is in it? There's loads of tuts here that give a step by step guide. I've never done anything like this before but with the help of the tuts here i was able to do it easily enough.

11. 2lads

2lads Member

i honeslty dont know what drive it is, and how id flash it,,, im the mother,,, remember,,,,,, i can strip a washing machine in 45 mins flat, but ill have a look, where will it tell me?? and can i unflash it meself?
    cheers

12. eire

eire Member

Yeah you can unflash it yourself. To find out which drive you have you'll need to open the xbox (Theres plenty of tuts here too showing how to open it). Then just follow the instructions for your drive. Depending on which drive you have it can be very easy. When you get your box connected to your pc or laptop it will tell you which firmware it was flashed with so all you have to do is download that firmware and use the restore firmware.

Sure give it a go what have you to lose?

13. 2lads

2lads Member

a £350 toy thats wot,,,,,,,, no cheers for that,,,, ill ask hub first see if he trusts me,,,, its still gotta be repaired tho,,,,,, has anyone had a knock on the door for sendin a flashed one in,,,,,, or a reprimand over the phone??? if one person says yes then im gonna chuck it in the bin!!!start again!