1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FIX - Get Goldeneye working on HDD - Works 100% tested

Discussion in 'PS2' started by shinji2k3, Nov 27, 2004.

1. shinji2k3

shinji2k3 Member

ok, this is not my fix, I did not come up with this method, but it works.

You will need:
    Apache 2 (by Sonix)
    CD/DVD Generator 1.5
    (sorry I cant post links where to get these, PM me for links, I posted them on my own site. If an admin says I can post those links I will.)

1-Rip the contents of the iso/dvd to a folder on your computer using Apache 2.
    2-In the root directory of the disc open up the SYSTEM.CNF file in notepad
    3-The file looks like this:
    (NTSC)

changed the first line to this and save the file:

4-Open CD_DVD-Rom Generator
    5-Drag and drop all of the files that you extracted from the iso/dvd into the Directory window, and enter the volume info. [bold](NOTE: Name it GOLDENEYE and in the area that has the ____-______ enter SLUS-21064, not sure this is needed but I did it)[/bold]
    6-Click on the file menu and select export iml file, and save the iml file somewhere on your PC.
    7-Open Apache 2 back up and click on the file menu, select Import IML, open the IML file you saved in the last step, it will load the files automatically. Now select FILE > Build ISO.
    8-Once the iso is compiled, Install it to ur HDD using wahtever method u like.
    9-Run in mode 3.

Walla, this worked 100% for me, the game loads and is black for about 5 - 10 seconds, then ull see the Loading screen and it will load!

P.S. I got this info from another forym, I wont post where, but I hope this works for all of u.

2. shinji2k3

shinji2k3 Member

BUMP, I thought more of u would like this Info.

3. chacep

chacep Guest

I'll try it thanks man.

4. MattSWE

MattSWE Member

didn't work