1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fixing a Guitar Hero Guitar

Discussion in 'PS2' started by frozae, Jun 9, 2007.

1. frozae

frozae Member

I bought the Guitar Hero Game along with the Guitar. At first i didnt use it much, so i had it in my closet standing. A few months later when i actually wanted to start playing it, i found out that something had happened with the cable (the controller) the guitar worked fine but every once in a while it would appear on the screen that the guitar had been disconnected. I thought i could fix it my self, so i opened the guitar, cut a few cables, removed the part that seemed to be the problem and tried connecting them back. I know where each cable goes because i left the original connections where they were, but when i tried to use it, it was just dead. Anyone know how to fix one of those, should i just try to solder the cables to the chip instead of trying to do a magic trick? Inside the long black cable there seems to be an extra copper (i think) cable that has no connection to anything on the chip, is that one there for support or something? Anything would be helpful

2. Z3120

Z3120 Regular member

I can't help you with fixing your guitar; however, I can lead you to a place where I think they can help you infinitely more and faster compared to here. Try here

3. frozae

frozae Member

this can really help me. thanks