1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

fixing a xbox 360

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by sj512, Feb 9, 2007.

1. sj512

sj512 Guest

is there a way in fixing a xbox 360 with 3 red lights that flash are is it dead

2. JThomas05

JThomas05 Guest

wrap a towel around it and let it run for 10 minutes and then let it cool off and then it should work again, this is called the towel method and its very effective for a short period of time, isnt permanent but its better than nothing

3. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

EDIT - Oops. Double Post. Look below for my stupid but logical question.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2007
  4. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

So the towel fix involves overheating the 360 to fix an overheating issue? Weird.

5. sweetm

sweetm Guest

i tried the towel trick before i had to strip mine down, did not work

6. Dindi304

Dindi304 Guest

Alot of ways here buba first u can try tighting the screws on the heat sink on the back takes a tork 8 screw and then do the towel trick. worked for me . Or u can look up heat gun trick that works 90% of the time xbox scenes forms have a great tutorial how to do it i just cant find it atm. Private me for more help

7. JThomas05

JThomas05 Guest

its not from over heating, its from the way stuff is, the solder gets cold and cracks, so you heat it and warm it to make the solder go back together, fixing the error, but i wouldnt do it unless its a last resort thing

8. sweetm

sweetm Guest

i did the heat gun, and mine started working again!
    i know it sounds like a scary thing to do but if you can find the link for the short video, it shows how it's done, look for google video that might help.
    now even though mine is starting up again, every now and then it starts to freeze, so i just turn it off for a while.
    i am also going to buy some heatsink cream to put on the cpu and invest in one of those plug in fans i have seen at walmart.