1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FixVTS not opening interface

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by nelsh, Feb 8, 2016.

1. nelsh

nelsh Member

I wanted to run some decrypted .vob(s) through FixVTS before burning them, I can't get the FxVTS interface open. When I activate the .exe file , a tab appears on the taskbar, but the interface doesn't appear on the screen.
    Right clicking the tab gives me the option of Move, Close, Minimize, Open Log, and About FixVTS.
    Move gives me nothing but a 4way arrow on my screen. The Log seems to be about a successfully completed project from some time ago. Very well may have been its last use.
    I tried deleting all copies of FixVTS from my computer and downloading and reinstalling. I'm running XP, and it doesn't appear on the "Add or Remove" list.
    I've always valued FixVTS, I'm wondering if any of you computer savvy guys could help this old fart use it again.

2. attar

attar Senior member

In Windows 7 (not sure about XP)

Check in the hidden 'AppData' folder: C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming for the 'FixVTS.ini' file and delete before installing.

Tools > Folder Options... > View and uncheck 'Don't show hidden files, folder, or drives'

3. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

or

that sort of thing happens when running a dual monitor setup using extended desktop feature,without having to turn monitor on.I use the ATi system tray icon to disable the 2ndry monitor this forces everything to the main desktop,where a window fix vts will now appear

4. nelsh

nelsh Member

Thank you, attar. Took me a while to find it, but that was my own fault: Dummy-me kept looking for a folder, instead of a little file.
    When I finally opened my eyes, there it was. Deleted it. Simply as that. We're fixed. Thanks.