1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FixVTS--What to keep, what to delete?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by klemperal, Mar 11, 2007.

1. klemperal

klemperal Regular member

For whatever reason whenever I rip a certain DVD I bought it makes some of the special features part of the main movie. Would FixVTS repair the structure or should I look at using a different program (suggestions on the program?)? Also, when using FixVTS, in full disk mode or clean up, Do I use/keep everything that goes in the "Fixed" folder, or do I delete that stuff?

2. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

VobBlanker is like FixVTS but u have a lot more control with it. basically VoBblanker does the same thing plus u have a ton more of options that u can do.

Here is a basic GUIDE for Vobblanker

u can DL the program from that link too.

Yes, that is what it would do.

3. onya

onya Guest

Are you using RipIt4Me in "one click" mode?

[​IMG]

300bowler's suggestions have hit the spot. VoBlanker does have a ton more options, although not as easy (at first) to use.

4. klemperal

klemperal Regular member

5. onya

onya Guest

@klemperal. Keep it. Would've been nice to know if you were using one click mode, not to worry. Hope this helps.

6. klemperal

klemperal Regular member

I had originally used DVDFab for the ripping. I'm now going through as suggested with the "movie and menus" for the sake of simplicity. The real issue is I'v been trying to deal with (for the better part of the week) is getting rid of a repetitious VTS file that plays as soon as I click play on the main movie. When I blank it on Vobblanker it simply appears to insert a black still picture and continues to repeat on 6 second increments. I try "skiping" over this area on Vobblanker and neither Shrink or Clone DVD will accept the subsequent file. Sadly getting rid of this little piece of nothing has been really getting on my nerves and if anyone could offer help I'd really appreciate it.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2007
  7. onya

onya Guest

@klemperal, Ooopps...I didn't mean to suggest the "movie and menus" I meant to say just make the selection you wanted.....sorry to send you off in a direction that may not suit you, hope it helps out though....LOL

8. klemperal

klemperal Regular member

No worries. I knew what it was you meant or misunderstood, and I was planning on doing what you suggested If I couldn't fix this problem.