1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flas fxp trouble

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by lowkey, Aug 28, 2007.

1. lowkey

lowkey Member

I am having problems with Flash fxp. I tried to ftp files to my xbox and it will fail to transfer all of them. For example I have several albums I want to play with XBMC. I can't transfer all the tracks. It will transfer some but not all. I try to select each one individually and as a group and always the same tracks fail to transfer. Is there a fix for this or is there a better ftp client that won't fail to transfer? I also had trouble transferring a 6 gb file with flash fxp. It would stop at 4gb every time. Solutions?

2. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

FlashFXP is one of the best FTP clients! Sounds more like a hardware issue!

Try a different Cat 5 cable and ensure you're NIC is operating correctly! If it's a PCI NIC, unplug it from the motherboard and re-seat it.

3. lowkey

lowkey Member

everything seems to be working fine besides the software. I used another client...Core FTP lite and it worked without a hitch. I was hoping to find that it was a known bug. The fact that I tried several times to transfer the 6gb file and it stopped at the exact same spot...4.095gb was strange to me. I'll check into it some more. Thanks

4. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Try the copy of FlashFXP in my Softmod tutorial! That's the one I use!

5. lowkey

lowkey Member

I'll pick that one up. I think I may have solved one issue. Out of curiosity I used windows explorer to ftp into my xbox. I tried to transfer the problem files and it gave me an error description...filename too long. I renamed the files and the transfer went smoothly. I don't know about the 4gb thing yet. I'll keep digging.

6. cookie257

cookie257 Member

lowkey it might stop at 4gb because you dont have any more space on your hdd and an xbox hdd is only like 8gb im not sure how much is usable though

7. lowkey

lowkey Member

nope...80 gb hd

8. MadBoomah

MadBoomah Regular member

I noticed this problem today myself, and it seems to be a bug in XBMC or Filezilla. I can upload everything without a problem using UnleashX, but XBMC gives me problems. Can somebody having this issue confirm this for me please?

9. stevexbox

stevexbox Regular member

I think you should rename the error giving files.
    I know that sometimes i could not copy over evo-x trainers but when i changed the name to something less complex, without special characters, it worked.

What partitions do you have on hdd, and how much space to each and which one are you using?

Last edited: Sep 2, 2007
  10. MadBoomah

MadBoomah Regular member

It's weird because it has nothing to do with the filename. It just uploads the first 3 or 4 and then ignores the rest and gives errors on all of them. And it seems to have problem in batch uploads. If you only do one at a time, instead of having a queue with a good amount of files, it will work perfectly fine.