1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

flash fxp wont work

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by acez3001, May 31, 2007.

1. acez3001

acez3001 Guest

when i use flash fxp everything is fine and it connects to the xbox but once it is connected it doesnt bring up the files and in a minute is says connection lost. Iv tryed all the other ftp programs and it still wont work can you help me???

2. locobrown

locobrown Regular member

I had that problem but didnt really bother tyring a work around. Instead of using a FTP program i use internet explorer to access the box because its less complicated. FTP programs are great if you want to connect to xbins but cant access the box in real time.

Go to "My Network Places" then click "Add a network place"
    Follow the screen prompts. then click the FTP folder. Under "Internet or network address" type in you xbox ftp:(ftp://xbox:xbox@(your address).

A shortcut will be created with the ip and password already automated. Then all you have to do instead of typing in the ip and password every single time, just open "My Network Places" and click on the shortcut you've just created.

Under the xbox network settings it should read your Lan at 100Mbps Full Duplex if it says half or anything else, you should adjust your PC Lan settings under the Device Manager tab. If you dont adjust the settings, you will always have a limited or slow connection.

3. maynard1

maynard1 Member

instead of abandoning flash altogether try these alternatives, disable firewall, or allow a flash fxp exception, ensure that your xbox's ip is slightly different ie. 192.168.0.1 (xbox) 192.168.0.100 (computer's ip), and last but not least make sure the static ip is enabled. If all else fails use core ftp lite.

4. acez3001

acez3001 Guest

how do you static ip it

5. maynard1

maynard1 Member

the static ip should be in the system settings of your chip's bios. What chip do you have?

6. acez3001

acez3001 Guest

chip???