1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

flash globe 360 v.2 AAUUGH!!! head ache!!!!! HELP!!

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by drogomir, Oct 17, 2007.

1. drogomir

drogomir Regular member

The globe 36 v.2 is a complete headache. I've installed a few other chips before but this chip takes the cake. Why do they maake it so complicated. I installed the chip as shown in diagrams but when i turn on the xbox360 i keep getting error 64/65. They claim that you can turn the switch off by pressing wireless sync switch and power switch together but its not working. Now if i cant even boot up the xbox360 with the chip off then that must mean there is an installation problem. I don't know where to start. I've checked all the connections with my volt meter. And i am not able to flash the chip because when i use the globe flash manager and choose the firmware, my drive keys don't even show up. I'm using a samsung drive that i spoofed as a benq drive but i don't think thats the problem if i can't even turn on the xbox360 with the chip off with out getting an error code, which nevr happened before instlling the chip. If theres anyone who knows what i may be doing wrong. I'd really appreciate the help. And the bad thing is that i bought 2 of this chips, wow, mistake, only because i couldn't find a nme v1.2 anywhere. So the globe 360v2 was my second choice.

2. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

If you've already spoofed the Samsung as a Benq, why do you want a mod chip also?

3. drogomir

drogomir Regular member

Well i'd already bought the modchip and i'd rather use a chip rather than just flashing the samsung drive because i dont really go on live much so if i do decide to go on live i can disable the chip. Maybe there is something i'm not understanding here but i dont think my drive is bricked because it ejects even with the globe 360v2 removed the dvd tray still ejects and i have no red lights, just that i keep getting "open tray". I dont know if the eye is defective or what. any help please would be thankful.

4. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

After you spoofed the drive but before you installed the mod chip, did you test the drive to see if it'd play discs?

But either way, with the drive being spoofed, a mod chip won't help with Live. You've stilled modified the original firmware by spoofing the drive. While MS doesn't seem to be able this now, no one can say if they can in the future.

As for backups, no one's been banned using correctly stealthed backups. Even with non-iXtreme firmware. It was those who used backups missing some of the security who were banned.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2007
  5. drogomir

drogomir Regular member

When i installed the samsung drive in my benq system and placed an original 360 game in it. The screen with the green and white circles came up that say "put this disk in an xbox console". After i spoofed the drive i got the "xbox game screen that ask to put a game disc or dvd movie in the console. I wasn't sure if i had spoofed it right. I installed my globe 360v2 chip and then i got the "open tray". So i removed the chip but i still got the open tray. I know the laser eye is very sensitive and i think maybe i touched it by mistake. I previously tried to clean a laser eye on another dvd drive with a q-tip and alcohol and it stopped working and gave me the open tray so i replaced the eye and it started working again. So i think the eye on this samsung dvd drive may be defective. Also, a number of people have reported on the net buying drives from xboxgadgets on ebay and the drive turn out to be the wrong type than advertise and others said the laser stopped working. I ordered a samsung ms25, it came with the sticker that said it was a ms25 but my computer read the drive and said it was a ms28. Also after i spoof the samsung with the benq key, shouldn't it be able to play original games. How do i know for sure if the laser is dead and if so, where do i buy another. Thanks.

6. drogomir

drogomir Regular member

I tried another laser in the samsung drive and found that it's not the laser that's defective. I think the drive is gone. It ejects but when a disk is placed inside the drive it doesn't even try to power up. I'm not sure whats wrong with it. Does anyone know of a way to fix this. I don't think it's bricked.

7. shummyr

shummyr Regular member

this store repairs 360s uexboxmods.com legit and what not
    personally i have used him and would never use anyone else

8. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

First thing I'd do is get a magnifying glass and multimeter and test all the solder points and make sure solder didn't bridge to anything around them.

Then, I'd flash the drive back to it's original firmware and test it out.

9. drogomir

drogomir Regular member

I checked all the points for bridging and they are all fine but the drive still isn't responding. I don't know what to do now. I think it might just be a bad flash because the drive doesn't seemed dead, i might get it fixed or just order a new one. After all getting it fixed and getting a new onw is almost the same price.