1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flash hitachi 59dj cant get it to modeb HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Texdude, Aug 24, 2007.

1. Texdude

Texdude Member

this is my second xbox i am flashing, i successfully flashed my other one it was samsung.
    one is new, and I cant get the drive into modeb. I tryed using a slax cd, but when i boot my pc and conected hitachi 59dj with SATA (RAID tool uninstalled) i get a screen that says "scaning for devices "hitachi drive info here" and then somewhere it says press tab to continue in windows command.
    that just sets the boot command order, but my drive wont stay in modeb and only closes with two clicks, it stays open but also will open with only one click.
    I had it as a drive H showing in windows but when I run command here tool and use flashix.bat H "random number" i get a mesage saying my drive is eitehr one of 3 things, not recognized, unsuported drive, or there was another one i forgot.
    what can I do to get it to stay in mode b to flash it?

2. batespcm

batespcm Guest

if its 2 clicks its in mode b

are you opening and clsing the drive during the windows load screen?

i never found the slax cd the best method the two wire trick was the best for me

3. Texdude

Texdude Member

yes I am using slax, I was going to try the two wire method but i have to find my 1k resistor.
    and yes it shows up in windows after iu do the eject on the laoding screen, but sometimes I get device loacked or access denied, most of the time it says the drive is not showing in windows, OR the drive is not supported (its a 59Dj made sept 06)

so im pretty sure its supported by the flashix file, maybe there is a better software method i can use to do it, anyone know of one?

4. batespcm

batespcm Guest

for 1k resistor i just used 3 sewing pins worked fine

5. sniper78

sniper78 Regular member

yo man the same drive u have is the first one I ever flashed and I was a complete noob. What I did was have the drive powered from my 360 then in the sata port closets to the front of the pc. Then restarted the computer with the slax cd in and played around with it while it was initializing. I think if you put a game in it will work. I know when you flash there must be at least an original xbox in the drive or u will get some i/o error. good luck man trial and error.

6. Mehtevas

Mehtevas Regular member

If you can get a drive letter for the drive, it's in modeB.

Extract the fw to your C:\ drive
    It should be in C:\X-LG

Then run the batch files.

7. Texdude

Texdude Member

thanks for your advice everyone. I tryed different ports with my SATA card, and was sure I was in mode b after trying with 2 ports and determining one port could not support the drive.
    I had a problem with my cmd not working (detecting) windows all I had to do was find a file that was missing in my windows\system32 dir and place a new onethere
    I could have had this flashed on 3 days ago! if it wasnt for my stupid pc infected by a trojan!

8. sniper78

sniper78 Regular member

haha it's funny I bought a new pc just to flash my 360. I was going to return the $800 hp after flashing, but after I found out the pc rang up for only $300 I kept it. So my new pc is designated for hacks only, and keeping it perfectly clean.