1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flash the xenium ice???

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by camelsnuf, Feb 11, 2005.

1. camelsnuf

camelsnuf Member

What bios should I use, I was thinking about the xecuter 2? let me know what you guys think..

2. Hrdrk20

Hrdrk20 Regular member

I haven't gone above Evox M7ef Orange but if you want to try another one go ahead.

Evox M7ef has the eject fix option required when swaping DVD game disks, increases the fan speed and turns the Green Xbox Power light to Orange when operational.

Go to this site and register.

http://www.eurasia.nu/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=27

The bios can be found in the Dump download section on page 1.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2005
  3. camelsnuf

camelsnuf Member

I downloaded Evox M7ef from the link you left, but I can not seem to open it correctly. I am using win rar to extract the file but when it creates the folder there is nothing in it. this is how far I am ---I have installed the xenium ice and backed up the eeprom, that is all I have done??? --- I have tried Slayers auto installer 2.6 but it keeps loading up to the xenium main screen,

launch menu
    disk tools
    eeprom tools
    settings
    reboot
    recovery
    power up

4. camelsnuf

camelsnuf Member

having this mod chip and not being able to understand it is like having a Porsche 911 Turbo in your driveway and its not yours... someone please help me out or walk me through it

5. Hrdrk20

Hrdrk20 Regular member

Do a search for power archiver, it replaces both winzip and winrar. The bios file you have should be 256k in size and have a .bin extention.

-----Xenium Launch Screen ---------

You first need to choose "Add New Item" and select TSOP. The name for this bios will be ORIGINAL or RETAIL

Ok you said you backed up the eprom so then this has been done already. Reset the date and time now.

Reboot the system and boot with the original bios. Reset the date and time before going to flash the hacked bios (M7ef)

http://www.teamxecuter.com/index.php?name=Downloads

Go to the above site and download the bios manager. With this program you must make a 1mb bios from the 256k bios that you have.

The 1mb bios can either be flashed to the Xenium using a boot cd or the easier way is to put it onto a 256mb pen drive using the USB adapter that came with your chip. Put the USB adapter in any slot other than the first one. That's where your controller should be.

"Add New Item" choose FLASH and then choose the directory of the media with the bios. Directory H will be for the pen drive if you use it.

After your hacked bios is installed, then you can insert the Slayers evox auto-installer v2.6 burned to a Memorex CD-RW using Nero 6 as an ISO file at a speed no faster than 4x.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2005
  6. camelsnuf

camelsnuf Member

where do i and how do i flash thebios when i have it on a cd, i dont have a pin drive?

7. camelsnuf

camelsnuf Member

my computer is ran through a router and my xbox is also plugged into the router, I can go to my xbox's IP and have these options.. launch, flash, reboot, shut down.. Is that what FTP is. Is that what they mean when they say " you have to FTP it to your pc or xbox" can I flash the bios like that and if so, do I have to be on any certain screen when I atempt flashing the bios?

8. camelsnuf

camelsnuf Member

x2 bios manager says "port driver not initialized" under image options i selected the evoxm7_ef and copied and pasted it to each of the 4 banks, is this right so far?

9. camelsnuf

camelsnuf Member

sorry to give everyone a hassle, I just want this thing to work, thanks for all your help so far!!!

10. camelsnuf

camelsnuf Member

OK,, I haved flashed the bin file, now do I go to launch and select that file with the Slayer cd in the drive?

11. camelsnuf

camelsnuf Member

okay I got it to work. But I dont know how to back up my xbox hd before I do the full install.

12. Hrdrk20

Hrdrk20 Regular member

You'd better find one of the many sites that tell you how to do this. If you guess you'll probablly F'up your box. It seems you've been guessing all the way up untill now.

The worst thing that can happen is that you mess up your original bios and can only boot from the hacked bios. If you're an xbox live freak then you need to be careful and READ!

To backup your Xbox files, you can FTP a copy of the C and any other folder you can find from the Xbox to your PC harddrive.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2005
  13. camelsnuf

camelsnuf Member

Okay, thanks for all your help, I dont think I have to guess that much anymore, since I have been reading all this shit since thur. night...

14. rastasker

rastasker Guest

i got a question. could you just use a usb adapter cable instead of a pen drive to transfer the BIOS? Thanx!