1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

flash0 memory question

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by paul91, Mar 13, 2007.

1. paul91

paul91 Regular member

ok so now i started customizing im getting wary of that critical flash0 space. i did the thing where u free up 2.5mb of space by dummying the Japanese fonts using Flash Agent. this is a bit of a complicated question but needs a simple answer. say i overwrote my current gameboot which is 200kb with one that is 300kb, would the 100kb that have been used up by the new gameboot ever be restored? what i mean is if i then copy back the original gameboot will it free that extra 100kb back up or is it used forever?

sorry if this is a stupid question but i seem to always be losing flash0 memory and never gaining it back when overwriting the files with smaller ones

thanks to anyone that can help :D

2. guano

guano Regular member

It will NOT be used up forever. If you remove the 300kb gameboot and put the 200kb gameboot back on, you will get your 100kb back. Btw, you don't have to limit it to small gameboots. My current gameboot is around 600kb, but you can have a 2MB gameboot if you want. It's ok. Actually, the PSP's internal Flash is NOT as sensitive as most ppl have been lead to believe. Trust me I know. I have totally abused my PSP over the past two years and it's never broken. I have flashed .jpeg pics to the flash, I have never had my PSP plugged in while flashing anything. I have done all kinds of crap.

3. paul91

paul91 Regular member

thanks guano for clearing that up ;)

4. djmazz

djmazz Regular member

use flash agent. it will free up 2mb or so in your flash memory.