1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

flashed 2.3b lite+ but M$ dash loads

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by SSJAzrael, Jan 28, 2004.

1. SSJAzrael

SSJAzrael Member

I flashed my chip using EvoxM7_ef.bin at 1024k. Cromwell said it found the update and it went through the process and the X-box shut down afterword.

Now when I boot up the box the original M$ dash loads. I tried to use the Slayers auto install but any disk I burn will not read. I've made sure that I've been burning images and not data disks.

I've also tried to load a straight up copy of the EvoX dash, but alas, the same problem occurs, the X-box can not read the disk.

If anybody has any tips or ideas they would be greatly appreciated... this is driving me crazy!!!

2. peachymo

peachymo Regular member

that's the one with the external switch yeah?
    it may sound silly but are you switching your chip on? because it won't boot slayers or evox if the chip is off
    ignore this if you have but you'd be surprised the simplist thing peeps forget to do! lol

3. SSJAzrael

SSJAzrael Member

Thanks for the tip, but I got it working. It was just a matter of booting it enough times. Eventually it started recognizing the disk.