1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

flashed back to stock... still at update screen

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by pronexs, Sep 12, 2011.

1. pronexs

pronexs Member

Ok I have a BenQ drive. I am one of the many who had old firmware and when I went to play dead island it locked my xbox at the update screen. After reading on what to do I than flashed my xbox back to stock firmware... plugged it in and turned it on... it went straight to the update screen. I have the update on a usb... but no luck. Am I missing a step somewhere? Thanks for the help

2. mazz0310

mazz0310 Regular member

Not sure, when I flashed back to stock some how I got around the update screen and it just took me to the dashboard (but not updated). Not sure how I got around it.

3. pronexs

pronexs Member

Well I think I may know what happened. When I was in jungleflasher I noticed that my dvd key is all 7s. So here comes a new question.... Is there a way to get your dvd key if you don't have the original firmware?

4. BillB

BillB Regular member

I seriously doubt it, unless you can with the new reset glitch hack somehow.

5. harvardja

harvardja Regular member

as of a couple weeks ago (when i did some research on obws), you can't get back your original drive firmwares once you've flashed your drive. never heard of this new "reset glitch hack" though.

hopefully your xbox didn't mess up your drive while updating; it has happened to a lot of people.