1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flashed BENQ Drive Not Reading Games Only Playing DVD

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by logan19k, Jun 8, 2009.

1. logan19k

logan19k Regular member

Hi. i had ix1.51 on my benq drive vad-6038. so i made a backup of the ix1.51 firmware and the drive key. i wanted to update to 1.6 but when i did i got error E66 so i flashed back to ix1.51. when i flashed back it read the original and the backup. but when i turned the xbox 360 off then on it wouldnt play the games. it just say reading->open tray. now the drive dont read the original and the backups. i flashed it with jungle flasher and the status came up as write verified ok. but now its not reading games and only reading dvd. do i need to get a new drive and if i do would it come with the original firmware of the drive so i can back it up and flash to ix1.6. thanks in advance.
  2. AfterDawn

AfterDawn Advertisement

3. leerage

leerage Regular member

Are you getting Open Tray now when you try to boot a game?
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2009
  4. logan19k

logan19k Regular member

yeah it says reading then it dont play he game just says open tray
  5. leerage

leerage Regular member

I had an issue like this after I flashed a BenQ drive. Was very picky on which games it would play and I would get the open tray error. I tried a POT calibration on the laser a couple of times but no luck. I eventually had to replace the laser.
  6. logan19k

logan19k Regular member

thnks so the problem is with the laser. so i have to buy a new laser or what if i buy a new drive would it come with the firmware that plays the original xbox 360 games? and also i found out that my xbox firmware drive says OSIG: SATA DVD ROM 6243 instead of OSIG:pDBS VAD6038-6493OC like in the guide. do you knw why?
  7. leerage

leerage Regular member

62430 is an older revision of the firmware and it must be spoofed like that. There has been some issue with Lite-ONs being flashed and the laser will be burned out. I'm not sure if that is the case here.
  8. logan19k

logan19k Regular member

SOLVED
    Leerage thanks for all your help friend. the problem was that the dvd drive was actually dirty from inside. so i opened it up and cleaned it. now it works like a charm. i wanted to update to 1.6 from 1.51 but i am sticking to 1.51 since i dont really know the diffence between 2. so i flashed it back to ix1.51 and now all the games are working fine both original and other ones. once again thanks for all your help. have a good day!Peace
  9. gameover9

gameover9 Guest

1.6 is more secure than 1.51 on live and adds ripping features if you want to rip your own games.