1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flashed BenQ just now.. Not loading a game now..!!.. Anyone Anyone!!..

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by PSeaGamer, Nov 6, 2007.

1. PSeaGamer

PSeaGamer Regular member

OK, brand new 360; havent ever played a game on it yet other than setting up my username prior to the flash..

using a via 2641 card..
    - used iprep to get my device IO
    - used ixtreme 1.1 from xbins
    - used dos flash "slow" from xbins

- used HP disk startup tool kit to make my usb flash drive bootable.

hooked up 360, backed up original firmware and everthing was working exactly as it should..

erased original firmware and again ALL signs showed it worked exactly as it should..

then when booting back up into XP, i then opened ixtreme firmware... then copied my original firmare into the "slow" folder and clicked make Ixtreme firmware and it did.. However both the "original" and "hacked" version's icon where one of those that Windows assigns when it doesnt know what application it should open with..

I proceeded with the install after booting into DOS and everything appeared to go GREAT....

When i put in the ORIGINAL game disk that came with my 360 "marvel the ultimate allicance" i get this message "To play this disc, put it in an xbox 360 console"...

Ive played with the toolbar on the 360 and it doesnt matter, this message always appears...

what did i do wrong here???

what it the "slow" folder i used in iXtreme, or when i clicked "create iXtreme firmware"""???

tellin ya, it seemed to install fine and gave me the correct messages when deleting the original firmware and installing the hacked version....

help..

2. pod564

pod564 Member

I had a similar problem when flashing mine. What you need to do is get the Firmware Toolbox form xbins. I'm guessing your drive's key didn't get transfered to the hacked firmware file. Without that key it won't boot originals or backups.

Run the toolbox with your original firmware and copy the key. Then load up the hacked firmware and paste it in.

3. PSeaGamer

PSeaGamer Regular member

sorry typo, it was dosflash 16 i used..

4. pod564

pod564 Member

that doesn't really matter.

Your problem is pretty clearly the key issue because it's not loading an original.

5. PSeaGamer

PSeaGamer Regular member

i used this link to a "T" and all of my "messages" after an "erase" and "run" of the new firmware, turned out to look like his does in the video..

Know where does he say anything about a "key".. I thought i had this all down already before the flash..

How do you get the key and insert it in the hacked firmware when using the dos-flash 16 method???

thank you..

6. PSeaGamer

PSeaGamer Regular member

7. PSeaGamer

PSeaGamer Regular member

again the above is the video tutorial i used..

8. PSeaGamer

PSeaGamer Regular member

Does anyone have any experience in flashing a BenQ using dosflash 16 with a pci sata 6421 card??

9. pod564

pod564 Member

If you notice in the video linked (which is also the method I used), when he "patches" the orig.bin with the included iXtreme file a dos prompt opens. If you look CLOSELY there are two strings of green numbers, which is the key being read from the orig.bin and copied to the hacked firmware. That's why there is a patcher in the first place and not just a firmware file you download and flash. This key is unique to the drive. With an invalid key in the firmware it's as if you'd plugged in any old DVD-Rom drive into the 360. That's why it won't play any games (original or backup) but *will* play other media (like a DVD movie).

I noticed that when I ran the patching utility those matching green lines didn't appear. There was one line at the top saying something failed to run, but after it said completed and I had benq-ix.bin. I'm guessing this is what happened to those of you who also followed the video.

To answer the poster above, follow the reupman video to the t EXCEPT for the exception I described above.

If you don't see those matching green lines when you patch your orig.bin then do the following:

Go to xbins (information on that in the main FAQ for this forum)
    Download the Firmware Toolbox
    Install that.
    When you open it up it will allow you to load a bin file.
    Open orig.bin
    Copy the key that it displays.
    Open benq-ix.bin
    Paste the key over the one it displays (mine was showing a string of 7's)
    Save the file

Continue with reupman's video tutorial with your now properly keyed benq-ix.bin

10. PSeaGamer

PSeaGamer Regular member

Yes you are ALL right..Silly of me to question the powers that be.. It sounds like the problem was when i was inserting the "orig.bin" firmware into the "fast" folder in the "iXtreme" hack.. The problem is, once i clicked on the "make iXtreme firmware.cmd" i never got the black window that said "success" amongst other things.. Instead my screen did turned black but just FLICKERED for a second and the new "benq-ix.bin" appeared and that is what I successfully installed on my benq drive when i finished up the flash...

Any ideas what I could do about this and why this happened??

Should i download another copy of "iXtreme" from XBins?

11. PSeaGamer

PSeaGamer Regular member

THANK YOU... I will try this and get back to you all..

sounds like i did almost everything correct for a rookie....

12. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

Yeah, nice first attempt for a rookie, but you did make the rookie mistake of not checking to make sure you had the correct key inserted into the hacked firmware before re-flashing.

Good job though, after you switch the key and reflash, you'll be good to go.

13. jerecho

jerecho Regular member

PSeaGamer...

where do you download the dos files that the person says to download that he has in the description of where the file is. the files im looking for are the one he talks about in the video at 0:45 seconds into the video? im haveing trouble making my bootable usb drive?

14. jerecho

jerecho Regular member

the video clip is gone!!! that was my only hope. can someone please help me find that video clip again

http://reupman.com/

15. PSeaGamer

PSeaGamer Regular member

I have to see what youre saying regarding what he did at the 45sec. mark.. ill get back to you on this thread today..

I'll have to see if i can dump this video (15 min.) on my harddrive.. What i did was video tape the darn thing off of the tv screen on my sony mini-dv so that I'd have it for good...then try to email to you..

also, if you check out my other thread i posted last night about my success in flashing the benq drive, I posted another very good tutorial on flashing this drive.. check it out...

16. PSeaGamer

PSeaGamer Regular member

17. neptune

neptune Regular member

Last edited: Dec 1, 2007
  18. Twiddler

Twiddler Member

I have flashed several Toshiba/Samsung drives, a Hitachi/LG, and now my first Philips/BenQ.

I bought a 360 Arcade yesterday and pulled the drive to flash it today.

It's a Benq VAD6038 FW Ver. 64930C

I have a safe copy of my ORIG.BIN (This aint my first rodeo!).

I used DOSFLASH(16) with and without help from Iprep, Tried DOSFLASH32, but it locks up my PC. The Iprep version is the only one that allows me to actually complete a flash without errors.

When I get a completed flash with the iXtreme 1.4 I get the same problem that PSeaGamer had, no reads of ANY games, original or written.

I am able to flash the drive back to the ORIG.BIN and it works exactly as shipped.

I know that my key that I have is good because I used it in an extra Samsung drive that I had lying around and it is currently working.

I tried using the FIRMTOOL utility and batch file that came with the firmware to transfer the key, and I also used the firmware toolbox. Neither worked, both gave the same result as described above.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

19. PSeaGamer

PSeaGamer Regular member

again this is what i did and it took care of the problem::::::::

Had to also, replace the “key” in the “iXterme” hacked firmware using “360 fw toolbox” winRAR application. Had to first upload the original firmware using the toolbox and copy its key. Then had to open “hacked” firmware in this same application and PASTE the key from “original” firmware to the “hacked” firmware…

20. Twiddler

Twiddler Member

Yup... did all of that with no success. I read through all sites and of the relvant posts that Google provided including yours, which I read through a couple times to make sure that I didn't miss something.

One thing that I didn't mention is that I tried firmware from two different sources (X-bins and Torrent) thinking that it might be corrupted iXtreme firmware.

My next test may be to try re-flashing it for my other 360 and trying it there.

Is the arcade any different because of the whole "doesn't play original Xbox games" thing?