1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flashed Drives?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by cotk69, Feb 20, 2008.

1. cotk69

cotk69 Member

If you use XBC to burn 360 games do you need to have a flashed 360 drive? I have searched and I can't find the answer anywhere. The tutorial written by hollowman says pop it in and play it doesn't say anything about flashing your 360 drive. If you do is there anyway to play a backup without flashing your 360 drive. I love XBL and don't want to get banned but I'm tired of having $70 coasters after they get scratched up. I do not want to open my box so if there is any other way please let me know.

2. fudpucker

fudpucker Regular member

you 360 has to be flashed to play games.

3. Dindi304

Dindi304 Guest

Is there anyway I can get the all the money from a bank but without robbing it beacuse I dont wana rob a bank. You have to open ur xbox 360 to flash it or chip it if you wana play burned games. lol you want the best of both worlds cheap games and no risk well sorry to be the guy with the bad news but thats not how things work lol

4. wabashman

wabashman Active member

and you all thought i burnt people, haha.

5. Dindi304

Dindi304 Guest

wow wat has happend to me wabashman you a bad influence haha i read to many of your post. I should have just said no there isnt a way and yes you have to open your case but no I choose a wabashman reply haha

6. NserUame

NserUame Regular member

It's ok, he used the term 'search' which is a blatant lie. On the first page theres about three pages all saying the same thing.

7. cotk69

cotk69 Member

Thanks everyone for your help. The wxripper tut says you don't need any firmware but it dosen't make itself clear wether its talking about playing the game or not. Also the XBC tut says you just pop it in and play it says nothing about firmware either just says you need a pc drive with kreon firmware to read it. Says nothing about firmware on your 360 to play it. No I don't want the best of both worlds I want the best of one world a world were you can buy a game and make a legal backup of a game you own. I have Dead Rising and someone bumped my xbox and it destroyed my game so now I have a worthless pos coaster that I paid 59.99 plus tax for. You should be allowed to easily make a backup of media you have already paid for once. Thanks for your help. Guess I'll have to bite the bullit and flash my drive.