1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flashed firmwire

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by jjjj55, Oct 18, 2007.

1. jjjj55

jjjj55 Member

I know that after I ask this many people are going to say "use the search bar"

I just want to say before hand that I already did search and I havent gotten a strait answer.

my question is, if you flash your firmwire in order to play backups can you go on xbox live with an origional and not get banned. does micro$oft still detect the hacked firmwire with an origional game. Am I doomed to never be able to play live with a flashed system?!

2. steimy

steimy Active member

you should be just fine with backups or originals online provided you flash with the newest firmware.

There is always a chance of being banned but that is the risk you take for modding your system. Everyone know this going into it.

3. momhoener

momhoener Regular member

well ok. This question was a very devious question that many people still debate. The answer is mabye. We will never know when the ban can or will take place. But as of now you will not get banned with ixtreme 1.2. If you have older firmwares that dont support media stealth no matter what you will get banned.

4. jjjj55

jjjj55 Member

So you're saying with a system flashed with old firmwire playing with origionals will still get you banned?

5. steimy

steimy Active member

"If you have older firmwares that dont support media stealth no matter what you will get banned."

No, that is a completely false statement. All firmware can use stealth patched games. I know many people who still use older firmware on live and there is no proof at all that the newer firmware is any better at saving you from getting banned. If you copy on good media and make sure all games are stealth then you SHOULD be ok. But like above there is always the chance that you will get banned and no one is 100% positive on how, when or why.

The big difference in the Ixtreme firmware is that it will not allow you to play any game that is not stealth, and the older firmware will play it either way.

6. jjjj55

jjjj55 Member

Is that really it? Its all about stealth, not the firmwire? what will happen when m$ finds out how to detect the stealth disks? also how do I know wheather or not the burned game is stealth or not?

7. Ginger007

Ginger007 Member

I look at it this way. People play backups of their original games to keep the originals in good condition and/or they make backups when they don't own the originals because they can't afford the originals or feel they are too expensive!

It costs very little to make one of these backups so you save yourself loads with each game you backup. Once you have done this with several games you have saved enough money to buy yourself a replacement console if you get your first console banned! In other words, it is ALWAYS worth the risk in the same way you void your warranty when you flash your drive. You save enough to buy another if things go wrong! Do it!!!

8. steimy

steimy Active member

and to add to the above, if you are really good you can even open the console without voiding the warranty. I know people who used a blow dryer and razor blade to remove the sticker and put it on wax paper for safe keeping so that it could be re-applied if needed. And the sticker was not damaged.

9. Ginger007

Ginger007 Member

I got lucky with my sticker. When I went to opoen the case to flash my dive, the sticker was only stuck to half of the case so I could open it without affecting the sticker - pure luck!

10. momhoener

momhoener Regular member

same i did the hairblower trick on 2 xbox's now just my first one i accidently melted the plastic a little bit......