1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flashed My Samsung 28! Or at least i think i did....

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by malinki, Apr 24, 2007.

1. malinki

malinki Regular member

Hi guys - recently flashed my 360 and i am having great problems playing my backup games.

I use Verbatim media burnt in a Lite-on drive with the booktype set to dvd-rom, I've tried CloneCD using the .dvd file, DVD decrypter with the layerbreak set manually and IMGBurn, every single game i've backed up tells me to insert the disk into a xbox360 console!!

The originals work absolutely fine but its lead me to start to wonder whether I have actually flashed the drive succesfully! I was lead to believe that i've i messed the hex edit up in MTKFLASH that my 360 just wouldn't read discs.

Is there anyway to check that I have actually flashed my drive correctly? And could anybody point me in the direction of a good 360 burning tutorial.

Thank You

2. BurningAs

BurningAs Regular member

werid, are you sure when u flashed it u didnt flash teh orginal FW back in. lol

if orginal games work then backups should DEFNATLY work. It could be ur backups.

3. malinki

malinki Regular member

positive, i copied lines 4000-4200 from my backup bin and hexed them into xtreme.bin which i then flashed.... got the 100% ok message then put everything back as it was

4. immy_2k

immy_2k Regular member

what are u using to back up games. if ur sure u have flashed ur 360 then may be the .dvd file u r burning isnt right somehow what are u using to bak up the game are u using the sammy drive in ur opc flashed with kreon or wxripper method
    u culd try to flash ur 360 again but restore the original firmware then try it again

5. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

Instead of hex editing your key yourself, use the xsam program to insert your key. I manually did mine at first and had this same problem. My key didn't exactly start at line 4000. Maybe yours doesn't as well.

Edit - Just saw that you still play originals. Oh well, I tried. All I can say is reflash with xtreme 5.2a

Last edited: Apr 25, 2007
  6. malinki

malinki Regular member

I'm starting to think that maybe i flashed my PC DVD-RW (also a samsung ts series!!) Something was definatley flashed and was succesful - I just don't think it was my xbox, I am using on board Intel 915 G sata connections and tried again to flash the drive yesterday.

Could I get the drive detected after the power cycle? - could I balls!!

Apparently I have read, the VIA pci Sata card is the only one that will suppot power cyycling on a MS28 drive? I'm reading so much contridicting info that I am tempted to send my drive off to be flashed although I would much rather do it myself