1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flashed Xbox is freezing with burned games HELP

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by HawkBoy90, Aug 18, 2011.

1. HawkBoy90

HawkBoy90 Member

I have a burned Xbox with a liteon(sp?) drive in it. I'm distraught because myself and my neighbor use the same exact equipment to run games but 1/3 of the games I play have a problem with freezing periodically. These are all single-player mode games. I've played all through Dragon Age Awakenings and Mafia II and not a blip that I can remember but Dead Space 2 and Crysis 2 are both having issues. My neighbor and I both have Litetouch Plus, the same xbox, same files from the same database, same burned copies even (i borrowed his Dead Space 2 copy and tried it) and I still have this issue. He's suggesting it might be a problem with the laser in my Xbox. Any suggestions? BTW we use the "Best of the Best" Verbatim DL DVD-R+ discs and have tried doing both 2.4x and 4x speeds

2. peluynati

peluynati Regular member

the laser would be the first thing to check, it could be other things of course such as spindle motor or drive motor. open your drive and clean the laser with some alcohol see if that helps, if not you will need to check the pot settings.

3. HawkBoy90

HawkBoy90 Member

thanks im going to get the pot looked at today

4. Modking30

Modking30 Regular member

Are you using verbatims? Did you try installing it to the hard drive?

5. peluynati

peluynati Regular member

he says he's using them -----> BTW we use the "Best of the Best" Verbatim DL DVD-R+ discs and have tried doing both 2.4x and 4x speeds

6. Modking30

Modking30 Regular member

LOL. Guess I hate reading a giant post. What about my other questions?

Last edited: Aug 18, 2011