1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FlashFXP & router to transfer files from PC to XBox v1.6

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by khajiit, Mar 5, 2005.

1. khajiit

khajiit Member

I am using a Linksys Wireless B broadband router to connect both my PC and my XBox(v 1.6) to my DSL Modem. It works fine as far as my internet and XBox live connections are concerned. Now I am trying to use FlashFXP to transfer files from my PC to XBox. I don't have a mod chip and I don't have Evolution X or any other type of modding software that I am aware of. But I can go into my XBox network setting and manually configure the IP address. I've tried several possible IPs that I've found in these forums, but I always get the Connection Failed (connection timed out) message when trying to use Quickconnect in FlashFXP. Is this because I don't have EvoX? If so, where can I get it? Can I download it on my PC and install it to the XBox that way? Or do I have to find it on CD. Is there a way to transfer files without Evox if I find the correct IP address? Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.

2. Mr_Taz_UK

Mr_Taz_UK Regular member

Ensure you Xbox is connected to your Lan and turned on. Go to the dhcp page of your router via your browser @ 192.168.1.1 (no username and password is "admin" unless you changed them) On the DHCP page you will see the address that your router has assigned to the Xbox.

Other stuff is covered here:

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/156176

3. khajiit

khajiit Member

Okay this may be the most helpful advice I've found yet. Should I have it on "obtain an IP manually" or "Static IP"? I get a local IP address of 192.168.1.1 and on the "Status" page I get:
    Login Type: DHCP
    Internet IP Address: 192.168.0.2
    Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
    Default Gateway: 192.168.0.1
    DNS 1: 192.168.0.1
    DNS 2: 208.200.248.1
    DNS 3: 0.0.0.0

Do I need to install anything onto my XBox to make this work or am I getting close?
    Thanks.

4. yankeered

yankeered Regular member

i believe to flashfxp you will need to softmod first which i did by getting raincoat 7 and putting it on a memory card with a modded box, then saving it to the unmodded box then running agent under fire 007 game and load saved game(softmod) now you can flashfxp
    once the softmod comes up it will show you your ip

5. khajiit

khajiit Member

Okay. So I can see that there are about 100 different ways to do it. No two experts have given me the same advice yet. Unfortunately, everything everybody is suggesting seems to require already having a modded Xbox to transfer a save game from 007 or Splinter Cell. I don't have a modded X Box. If I did, I wouldn't have any need to mod the one that I do have. Maybe the only way to do this is to buy a pre modded XBox. Anyone have any suggestions on the best ones available?

6. yankeered

yankeered Regular member

ggod luck get some tutorials at xbox-scene.com

7. grim666

grim666 Member

hey khajiit,im new at this also but it hink you are missin' the point that these ppl are tellin' you you need to either mod your XBOX your self in someway or buy a pre modded one which is alot more $$$$$$$.i think this(I don't have a modded X Box. If I did, I wouldn't have any need to mod the one that I do have)was uncalled for,when ppl like these guys are tyin' to help all of us that dont really know what we are doin'. good lookin'out(yankeered,Mr_Taz_UK) thnks for the help you guys give to us.

8. yankeered

yankeered Regular member

there is a way to do it without a modded xbox (softmod that is), did a bit of searching for you last nite.
    it requires you to to make a special cable and to get the software and for you to transfer it to the memory card or a memory device thru a usb port on your computer. you will need to cut and splice a usb cable and one end of the xbox cable like the little end that plugs into the xbox.
    check these tree links for directions for the cable and mod installation
    http://www.llamma.com/xbox/Mods/creating_a_dual_usb_adapter.htm
    http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?act=ST&f=44&t=79198
    http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=262740
    goodluk greg

Last edited: Mar 8, 2005