1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FlashFXP wont connect to xbox any more!!!!Please help

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by bennyd, Feb 28, 2005.

1. bennyd

bennyd Member

This problem just started occuring out of nowhere. Flash FXP would connect to my xbox and i would be able FTP to my xbox. All of a sudden FlashFXP will not connect to my box any more. I am using 2 network cards and a crossover cable. My NIC'c TCP/IP configuration that the xbox is connected to is IP=192.168.1.2 SubnetMask=255.255.255.0 and the rest is left blank. My xbox is set to StaticIP and is configured as IP=192.168.1.3 SubnetMask=255.255.255.0 and Default Gateway=192.168.1.2.
    When i run FlashFXP is says that it is connected to xbox but the folders on the harddrive do not appear, then a few seconds later it says connection lost.I do not understand why it would work one day and not the next. Can someone please help!!!Thanks

2. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Do you have your firewall on?

3. bennyd

bennyd Member

The NIC card that is connect to my DSL modem has a firewall.But it worked before, it just stopped one day.

4. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Try using WS FTP Pro instead of FlashFXP and post your results.

5. bennyd

bennyd Member

Yep it worked.Thanks for the help.I figured out why FlashFXP wouldnt connect.My buddy had the same problem and downloaded a different program and it worked.I thank you again for the help.

6. duboy1

duboy1 Regular member

Can you say how you got flashfxp to connect. I had the same problem. I can connect to my box with ws ftp but with flashfxp, i can get it to connect and then it terminates the connection. Thanks!

7. bennyd

bennyd Member

Well i had a trial version of FlashFXP and when the trial ran out i my buddy got a crack for it. When it was cracked it wouldnt connect. He had the same problem so he just redownlaoded and didnt crack it. I just download WS FTP and it works fine so i think it was b/c he cracked it.

8. ozy

ozy Regular member

If you don't want to pay for it, download craxtion or quix which do exactly the same things. Craxtion 4.0 actually does the whole process from ripping to burning.

9. bennyd

bennyd Member

You can also do that if you like.

10. newall

newall Member

someone help me please b4 i karate chop my xbox.
    having same prob as above tried to connect with smart ftp flash fxp ws ftp pro non will connect ,flash fxp says connected then connection lost worked one day then stopped all of a suddentried all sorts
    any help would be great
    thanks

11. queesque

queesque Guest

i am having a problem also... I used to be able to connect with port 21 and xbox, xbox as password and username... and now i type it in on quick connect in flash fxp and it wont even connect it just doesnt do anything when you click connect... If anybody has any ideas i am open for suggestions... i am going to try a different program

12. ozy

ozy Regular member

have you set up a static IP on your PC.
    192.168.000.001 etc.

If so try installing flashfxp again

13. queesque

queesque Guest

not on my pc, but on my xbox.... i never had to before... how would i go about doing something like this?

14. ozy

ozy Regular member

Start Menu
    Control Panel
    Network Connections
    right click on the network card used to connect to your xbox and click properties.
    highlight Internet Protocol TCP/IP and then click properties below.
    Click on "use the following IP address" and type in 192.168.0.1 and then press the tab key. This should give you a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0 Click apply and close everything.

In flashfxp you need to put in the IP of your xbox, mine is 192.168.0.3 username is xbox and so is the password on port 21. If you are not sure go into settings on the xbox and double check the IP.

Now if it still won't connect make sure your firewall isn't blocking flashfxp from connecting with your xbox.

I hope this helps. let me know otherwise!

15. queesque

queesque Guest

it is nothing like that i just get a bunch of mumbo jumbo with like no options... now flash fxp will atlest try to connect than it refuses the connections.. so i tried a different ip that my xbox could be and it timed out... it turns out the first one was it... and before i did it a message popped up and it said that there was a windows error, an ip conflict was going on or something...

Please try to help me...

16. steimy

steimy Active member

17. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Re-examine the quoted info:

Do you do that? Does your computer's I.P. match up with that?

18. queesque

queesque Guest

I couldn't because i didnt even find anything with tcp/ip or anything like that in the network card properties... I am running windows xp professional... Maybe that has something to do with that? I will try it again and post a response.

19. janrocks

janrocks Guest

In xp pro the settings is in control panel/ network connections/settings..then there is a list of stuff..Qos packet share etc..TCP/IP is the bottom one, right click it and select properties...and on from there..sometimes a reboot of the pc and xbox together works some magic..

20. queesque

queesque Guest

where do you see this setting nonsense... there is nothing of that sort in the task bar, properties, or side panel.... I really dont think you know what you are talkin about...