1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flashing a bricked psp with usb support

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by eurogur0, Mar 24, 2007.

1. eurogur0

eurogur0 Member

Hi, I'm 14 and I recently bricked a friends psp ( DAMNIT!). I don't have any money to get myself an undiluted platinum in order to reflash the onboard nand... I was wondering if there is any way possible to establish a connection to the onboard flash through usb so I can copy and paste the firmware. Maybe solder flash pin outs to usb?? If so I don't even know which pins soo... Yeah basically I'll do anything that won't cost me anything to unbrick my friend's fully-bricked psp (Turns on but screen or mem stick or umd doesn't, black screen etc... Shuts off after like 10 secs). HELP PWEEZE!!!! :(

2. NoUpgrade

NoUpgrade Member

Sadly the only thing you can do is start [removed]for cash.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2007
  3. hexitnow

hexitnow Active member

Why such a retarded post? and I dont mean euro.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2007
  4. isbreen

isbreen Regular member

The lad is 14...no need for that crap.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2007
  5. shadow270

shadow270 Guest

well..if ur friend still has the warranty, then bring it back to the store and then hell maybe get a new one.
    u can see it as a chalenge for ure friendship too,if ure frienship survives a bricked psp,than it should survive anything XD

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2007
  6. Jannejt

Jannejt Moderator Staff Member

1 week ban, read the forum rules, this is not place where you can "help" ppl with messages like that!

7. eurogur0

eurogur0 Member

No my friend doesn't have warranty... I recently saw a few posts in afterdawn ( don't remember where ) about this guy who did something like what I mentioned above, redirect the onboard usb to the nand. I was wondering if anyone can tell me how I could do this or give me a link to a guide they may have come across???

8. shadow270

shadow270 Guest

this may be a bit off topic,but why was s*** d*** removed in NoUpgrades post and in isbreen post, but in jannejts post it it wasnt...

9. Vaindetta

Vaindetta Regular member

You only have 2 options. Ship it to Sony and they will fix it for $100US, or find an electronics shop in your area that can solder you on a new chip.

I'm assuming when it bricked you did not have DAX's custom firmware on there and can not boot into a recovery menu by holding "R" on startup.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2007