1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flashing a new TS ms25 Xbox 360 drive -- Need help finding

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by sash360, Apr 23, 2007.

1. sash360

sash360 Member

I have read around, looking for methods to flash a newly bought xbox 360 drive (bought from eBay - gameconsolehk) but on the site it says in order for it to work one must find the key of your Microsoft Xbox 360 console and flash the drive with that key. I have searched forums and what I understand is that I must get my old drive connected to my pc and get the key from there, but the problem with that is that the whole reason why i bought a new drive is because my old one does not function! so the old one doesnt even flash (it is an ms25 as well) and all it says in the dos screen when i try to flash is error Master/slave :a0 , 50 should be 70 and so on. What i understand from that is that it is unable to read my dvd drive. So i went on eBay, purchased the new one, hoping this would work, tried several games but all of them say: place in an xbox 360 console... i really dont know what i need to do with the new drive to actually get it to work, at least for original games..
    Could someone please help me? I am really frustrated with my console, especially how it has not been working for 5 months now..

Thank you very much and I appreciate in advance anyone who helps me out with this.

sash360.

2. sp7ke

sp7ke Guest

I would say you spent alot of money for nothing, the only way i know of currently extracting the console drive key is through your xbox dvd drive. And obviously yours doesnt work, you need that key of your system will not operate. I guess it depends on whats wrong with the dvd drive. If it has a firmware problem your probably going to have to buy a new console