1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flashing Backgrounds, need help.

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by ICDWILL61, Feb 24, 2007.

1. ICDWILL61

ICDWILL61 Member

HI I have 3.03 oec and I'm trying to flash a backgound to my psp and it IS t 60x34 but when replace the 01-12 file with the one i want (its named 01-12.bmp like it should be) and then i go to the XMB and its just plain white.

What am I doing wrong?

2. balkie16

balkie16 Regular member

try making the image 300x170 i think it was and make sure its .bmp, i think that should solve it or before you do that go to theme settings and go to theme and select the option under original. might be because you didnt select it. make sure ur wallpaper is set to do not use

3. ICDWILL61

ICDWILL61 Member

K thnx, i got it working...One more thing...Why is it when i try to go into usb mode from the xmb, my psp freezes...it freezes with some other things too.

should i try to reinstall 303oec?

4. balkie16

balkie16 Regular member

no idea dude sorry

5. jarrod40

jarrod40 Regular member

hi i do every thing but i still have just a white backround and no waves , but when i try to change the theme i changes the color of my font? ive done every thing balkie16 said but i still cant get it back to normal

6. staxx

staxx Regular member

icdwill if your talking about puting your background behind the waves you cant just rename the file 01-12.bmp you have to have 12 different images at 60x34 name one image 01.bmp hte next image 02.bmp the next image 03.bmp and so on then place them in a merger and it will create your 01-12.bmp Once you have that you can flash the 01-12.bmp in your flash0 vsh/resource.

7. ICDWILL61

ICDWILL61 Member

...Well wat happend when I got it working was that when I flashed my custom topmenu_plugin.rco file and went back to the xmb the background showed up and um....my background that I flashed is at 480x272.

8. ICDWILL61

ICDWILL61 Member

So this is what I got so far (in my sig)
    Like I said the background is 480x272 bmp
    Don't know if thats normal lol

9. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

ICDWILL61,

There's a 200X500 pixel limit on pics in sigs. Please get yours within spec.

10. ICDWILL61

ICDWILL61 Member

Opps sorry about that =)

11. gasconade

gasconade Regular member

LOL youre all wrong....in 3.03 OE-C; after you flash0 the 01-12.BMP, youre going to need to go to theme settings and change your month to january & not "ORIGINAL"...some forums may tell you that you need to change all of the other 12 bmp files, but they are probably talking about other SE or OE versions...

I say this because it is working on my psp right now... sus it out and watch the sizes of the files you flash onto your psp.. cos that could also have a lot to do with the way your backgrounds are coming out....I am using high res. 480 x 272 image...convert the bmp to 24-bit and you should be good to go...

good luck mate

12. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

ICDWILL61, thanks buddy :)

13. Faluke

Faluke Member

I am having the same problem only when I go to change the date in system settings, the psp freezes. Weird

14. gasconade

gasconade Regular member

ive noticed a lot of bugs with OE-C after i added a new topmenu_plugin.rco....one of those things that dark alex is here for....bug squishing..

15. Faluke

Faluke Member

16. Faluke

Faluke Member

ok so it has something to do with the background because when I restore only the backgound to the original its fine and stops freezing. All the icons and junk look good but I want the custom background

17. gasconade

gasconade Regular member

make sure that you save your wallpaper as a 24-bit bitmap image (indexed)....

and check the size of the original, and compare it to what you have made....

18. kajmal

kajmal Member

Uhh, maybe I'm just a n00b, but whenever I want to change my PSP background (in 3.03 OE-C), I put the image I want into /PICTURE/ and select it from the PSP menu, then set it as wallpaper. Always seems to work for me.

Is there something I'm missing?

19. ICDWILL61

ICDWILL61 Member

Yes, We are talking about "flashing" a background to the psp to have a backgound and still have the wave effect.

20. gasconade

gasconade Regular member

not missing, just not doing..lol sometimes you wanna have a background and waves...this is what i believe this thread was intended for..