1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flashing Blocks

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by nqq, Aug 31, 2003.

1. nqq

nqq Member

Hi,

I have had this problem since I've had my dvd player but I've never done anything about it. I have a Philips standalone player(I can look up the model number if that matters) and every dvd I play occasionaly has gray/white blocks or bars that appear then go away. I originally thought this was because I did not have a progressive dvd player or tv, but then I thought many people wouldn't tolerate this at all. The blocks do not appear in the same position of the movie and occur both in fast moving and slow scenes. This happens with both original and backup dvds.

Is something wrong with the cable connections? Can someone explain why this is happening without being too technical?

Thanks.

2. nqq

nqq Member

Has no one else had this problem? Does anyone have a theory as to why this is happening? If my problem isn't clear, please let me know.

3. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Im sorry, i would help you if i could but i aint got a clue as to why! Just thought id post to keep you feeling wanted! :D

4. nqq

nqq Member

Thanks for the reply Oriphus. I guess I will have to find an answer somewhere else.