1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flashing help

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Rogdrik, Feb 14, 2008.

1. Rogdrik

Rogdrik Regular member

I need help booting my usb from my comp but when I go into boot sequence its not there to pick from and when I click f2 I cant find it there either. I reasearched and found I need to update my bios, but I dont know where to download a update for my bios in case you need info my comp is a
    Dell deminsion 2200 and im running on vista
    My bios type is Phoenix

If you can help in any way please help me because I have everything ready to flash my 360 except this is the only problem so please help.

2. Dindi304

Dindi304 Guest

Dell deminsion 2200 and im running on vista

There is ur problem VISTA

3. |CL|

|CL| Regular member

What does Vista have to do with his bios?

Anyway, Rogdrik, I've done some research and I can't find much info on your computer. It would help to know what motherboard is in it.

In your bios, do you see anything that says "boot from other device" or something like that? If so, enable it and disconnect all your drives and try it that way. Heck, even if you don't see that option in bios, try it anyway.

I wish I could help more, but there seems to be limited info on the 2200. Hopefully somebody will chime in that has or had a 2200.

You could always use a floppy. I don't recommend it, but people have done it that way.

Edit: I just talked to my little lady....she used to work for Dell. She says what you should try is go to Dell.com and type in your service tag # (there should be a little sticker somewhere on the computer with it) to find any updates for that computer. You'll have to look around on their site where to do that. I am not familiar with it.

Hope this helps.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2008
  4. phelixnyc

phelixnyc Regular member

Floppy works (worked for me, Benq drive and iprep) but risky. Also could take a little longer than a flash drive would so be patient during dumping, erasing and writing process.

5. Rogdrik

Rogdrik Regular member

Ok I put xp on now and when I turn it on I'll have the usb in and I'll press f2 to go to the thing where you check and uncheck stuff and there is no usb thing there and when I go to boot sequence its not there and i used iprep so it shoudl work.