1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flashing Hitachi Drive Minus a VIA 6421 Card... I have read read read, but need a solid answer!!

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Kblake, Mar 27, 2007.

1. Kblake

Kblake Member

I have went through so many of these threads looking for my answer.. I usually would not ask questions, but I just bought the VIA 6421 Card, and what do you know.. I have a HITACHI 46 drive.. Can someone please tell me another card to get that is available/in stock somewhere to buy. Or is there a way to make this card work??

2. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

Use SLAX 2.1 to get the drive in modeB and follow the .nfo with opa 2.3 rev 2

3. Kblake

Kblake Member

Im really sorry, im really good with computers and I dont want to sound dumb, but what? All I have is the Textbook's guide for dummies. I have no idea what slax 2.1 is or what opa 2.3 is? If you have time could you please go a little bit more into detail. Thanks a lot for responding.

4. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

get on xbins, there are tuts for how to do this all over, and download opa 2.3 revised and slax 2.1 and burn slax and get boot your computer from the slax cd with the xbox drive connected to the computer, once your in modeb (after you reach the login prompt user:root pass:toor) type reboot in the prompt and take the slax disc out, and then boot to windows, your drive should be detected then just run the commands that the readme says that came with opa 2.3

5. Kblake

Kblake Member

OK.. if I can get my system into mode B, I will be good. I can do the rest from there. I have already downloaded OPA 2.3 and the Slax 2.1. What my problem is, is that I am using the VIA 6421 and I do not think it is working. The green light doesnt come on (I dont know if that matters or not) but I dont think its reading my 360. When I run the Slax 2.1 its goes through all this stuff and then takes me to a A:/?? What do I type here and is there a way I will know if its reading my Xbox 360 or not? Thanks for all the help and sorry if I seem dumb. I thought with all the reading I have done, I would be good.. but I guess not.

6. Kblake

Kblake Member

Does anyone know if this could be a problem with my drivers.. Please any help!!!