1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

flashing LiteOn with usb to sata adaptor

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by shishio64, Apr 29, 2012.

1. shishio64

shishio64 Member

Hi everyone,

I have a LiteOn 93450c drive (not yet updated the dashboard) and i would like to know if i
    can flash the drive with a laptop using only Xecuter's CK3 mini, Probe 3 and a "regular" usb to sata adapter that i have instead of the X360USBPro adapter?
    Im asking this because I heard that some drives do not require the Portio thingy that is unique to the the X360USBPro...
    if it helps the usb to sata adapter i have is this:
    http://www.sunrichtech.com.hk/products-1.asp
    and it is not stated what chipset is on it...

Thanks for helping :)

2. peluynati

peluynati Regular member

if the drive shows up in jf, you should be able to flash it!

3. shishio64

shishio64 Member

I only have the usb to sata adapter. I need to order all the other stuff required for the flash, so i can't check if the drive shows up in jf. I can order first the CK3 and Probe and check if it shows up, but if it doesn't i need to order the X360USBPro and have to wait for at least 2 additional weeks... isn't there a way to know if it should work before i order?

4. peluynati

peluynati Regular member

no way to say for sure, those items have issues that much i know, some work and some dont, i bought one for 6 dollars from ebay and it didnt work, if you are concerned about it i would just order the usb pro and then you will know for sure that you can get it flashed, if you check around some places sell them as a package, may not be that much more than what you are thinking to get it as a whole!