1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flashing MS-25 with NTFSDOS CD

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by KirkAngil, Feb 21, 2007.

1. KirkAngil

KirkAngil Member

Ok im having problems with this.

I have read the guide over and over.

My bios is ancient so it seems i cant boot from usb flash drive.

Now heres my problem, i follow the tutorial, line for line, i get to the part were it says to type your drive letter, (Mines is C:) (thats the only hard disk listed) than hit cd xbf.

When i do this action, it says Change Directory XBF failed.

I even created a smaller 1 gig partition and tried it on that, same thing.

Change directory XBF failed.

I did everything right im sure, i did the xtreme bootmaker correctly, the XBF folder formatted correctly in my root folder.

When i start up my cpu, i only leave the hard drive XBF is on and the cdrom to boot the XBF cd.

I'm not sure why the change directory is failing and i was wondering if anyone could help me without flaming me like Scorpion from Mortal Kombat.

Heres my CPU specs anyways

CPU: AMD Athlon™ XP 3200+ Processor
    QuantiSpeed™ Architecture operates at 2.200GHz
    512KB L2 cache & 400MHz FSB
    Operating System: Genuine Microsoft® Windows® XP Home
    Chipset: NVIDIA® nForce™2
    Memory: 512MB DDR (PC 2700)
    Hard Drive: 160GB HDD (7200rpm)
    Optical Drive: DVD ± RW Drive (Write Max: 8x DVD±R, 4x DVD±RW, 32x CD-R, 16x CD-RW; Reads 40x CD, 12x DVD); 48x Max. CD-ROM Drive
    Media Reader: 8-in-1 digital media manager (USB 2.0, Secure Digital™ (SD), Smart Media, Compact Flash, Memory Stick®, Memory Stick PRO, Micro Drive, Multimedia Card)
    Video: NVIDIA® GeForce®4™ MX graphics (1 AGP 8x slot available)
    Sound: nForce™ 6-channel Audio
    Network: 10/100Mbps built-in Ethernet
    Modem: 56K ITU v.92-ready Fax/Modem
    Peripherals: Premium Plus Multimedia Keyboard, 2-Button Wheel Mouse, Amplified Stereo Speakers
    Ports/Other: 5 USB 2.0 ports (4 in back; 1 in Media Reader), 1 Serial, 1 Parallel, 2 PS/2, Audio-In & Out
    Dimensions: 7.25"W x 14.125"H x 16"D

And i have the VIA 642IA chipset, but havent gotten a chance to use it yet because i cant even get to the correct directory.

Is my cpu just that tex sux?

Any ideas?

Thanks to anyone who can help.

2. ajpole

ajpole Member

Are you hitting enter after typing in c: ?? When ntfs for dos has finished loading and you get to the a: prompt i think?? type whatever letter it has assigned your hard drive (it might be c,d or whatever, there should be a list) then hit enter and type cd xbf
    should work.

3. KirkAngil

KirkAngil Member

yes thats what im doing, but just wont change directories at all.

I think i am gonna just give up before i hurl this whole thing into the wall.

This thing just really makes me think of how old and garbage my cpu is.

3 years old and its badly outdated.

Sigh thanks for trying to help.

4. motomods

motomods Regular member

ok well here is a stupid question i guess.. lol.. You used the extreme boot maker correct? so with this you should have created the xbf folder in c:/. so check in your C: directory and see if you have a folder name xbf/ if you do you should restart your computer.. with NTFS dos disc in. get your 1gig partition with a drive letter and inside the main drive letter have the folder xbf which was created by xtreme boot maker. all you need to do is type for example if your new 1 gig partition with xbf on it is "z".
    TYPE:
    Z: ...hit enter
    cd xbf ... hit enter
    now you shoudl see "Z:\xbf"
    from there you just type your mtkflash command..

hope this helps you a little..

5. KirkAngil

KirkAngil Member

Thanks, i gave up though :(

If anyone near maryland would be willing to have me ship it to them and flash it for me please pm me.

Thanks.

6. murdajae

murdajae Member

im having this problem right now someone plz help i get the same error this guy was getting and i done everything right