1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

flashing ms25 from hacked fw to ixtreme 1.2

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Texdude, Jun 15, 2007.

1. Texdude

Texdude Member

using VIA VT6421 ITHINK) somereason in DOS menue the SATA wont show up, i changed the port to an internal port using the SATA cable and now it does up!
    but my problem now is this, the drievrs are VT6421 (windowsxp) and in DOS it shows up like this:
    : IDE Master
    : IDE Slave
    : XTREME Pri
    : VIA8237 Pri

I tryed choosing both options and it just sits at the next:
    port: 000000a master/slave: 0a

so now I cannot change the driver on my VIA chipset from VT6241 to VIA8237

And I dont know how, but someone I dumped my HACKED.BIN(xtreme5.3) using idump 1234567 61005 (I cannot get a serial so I just typed w/e for numbers to make a DIR) I got a hacked.bin when I booted band checked A:\ in windows. But the Key is always "FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF" so I used that and made a ixtreme fw "*.bin"
    and 1)i dont think its actually hacked because i didn't really change the KEY 2)I dont know what to call it, I took a guess and renamed it "hacked.bin"

Booted again to DOS, turned on my xbox360, typed "iflash 1234567 61005" but I still am stuck with no options after choosing a SATA Drive number, because my drievrs are messed up i think.

also, I am flashing a ms25, and the firmware when I make the bootdisc says ms28, not sure if that makes a difference or not?

2. 98sohc

98sohc Regular member

the drivers are fine for your via 6421 card. in the list you have there is a "xtreme Pri", that is in fact your via card. i wouldn't even use the iprep shit, just use the old "10 sec trick". just turn on your comp with boot disc, boot to command prompt. turn the 360 on and type "mtkflash r /m orig.bin"(even though your firmware is currently hacked,all you need is the drive key),push enter. now turn off the 360 you will get the options as in your thread, choose the xtreme option and you will see that "port: 000000a master/slave: 0a", now count to 10 and turn the 360 back on and it will start dumping. next take your orig.bin firmware and place it in the firmware dir and click make extreme firmware. and now that you have your "ix12.bin", copy to your boot disc and and follow the same procedure as above but type "mtkflash w /m "ix12.bin" to flash back.

3. 98sohc

98sohc Regular member

when flashing the "DO NOT" use the quotation around the ix12.bin