1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flashing Updates Questions

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by SwedishSam, Jul 31, 2011.

1. SwedishSam

SwedishSam Member

Hey guys this might seem stupid and if it does please dont be a smartass.

The question is when I get my Xbox 360 flashed by a store, do I ever have to update the actual software that the store installs onto it to play new games, and if not when I update the Xbox from a usb will my flashed drive be reversed?

2. sn0wman1

sn0wman1 Regular member

Yes you do, you should always move with the latest updates anyway to be safest so would be a good idea to learn how to do it yourself, not very hard to do, just search, there are plenty of tuts about. On may 19th M$ started flashing drives back to stock with a dashboard update so everyone had to reflash, they have now started hitting the slim drives...
    Hope this helps

3. SwedishSam

SwedishSam Member

Ah thanks for your reply it was helpful, but will i still have to update if my xbox will never go online at all

4. Modking30

Modking30 Regular member

yes. There is no software, it's firmware and you have to take a part your xbox every time to flash it. What store? Gamestop doesn't flash drives :)

5. SwedishSam

SwedishSam Member

Ah OK, yea i was going to attempt it myself but i have a Lite On drive which is apparently really hard and i didn't want to break my Xbox on the first go XD(plus I cant really go and buy all that stuff seeing as i don't know what its about). But I'm getting it done by some random dude in Sydney who had an ad =) so hopefully all will work smooth.

6. Modking30

Modking30 Regular member

Have fun. It's better to learn since we're going to be flashing much more than we used to.

7. whompus

whompus Active member

If you get someone to do it for you, make sure you get the ofw dump or at least the key.

8. SwedishSam

SwedishSam Member

Why will we be flashing more than usual?

9. BillB

BillB Regular member

We might be flashing every dashboard update to continue to be "safe" on live. It seems that they are implementing new checks into each new dashboard.