1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flashing with a USB to SATA Adapter

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by dave93, Aug 21, 2007.

1. dave93

dave93 Member

So I'm trying to flash my 360. I have this adapter-----> Now, I have Slax, but it won't go into modeb the normal way, where you just turn off the computer, restart, etc., so I'm following this guide---> I've gotten the livecd.iso and the .vmx config. file, but I'm stuck on the part where you have to create the .vmdk file (with QEmu) for VMware. I'm doing what this guy said, but it either (in DOS) says it's not a valid command, or (if I do it right out of QEmu) can't be located by VMware. Anyone know the problem here? See any problems with the prompt he gives out for creating the .vmdk image file?

2. sourD

sourD Regular member

I do not personally believe that it is posiable to flash with the adapter. Break down and buy the 10$ card, its worth it.

3. dsdavis6

dsdavis6 Regular member

i flashed my old hitachi with one of those cheap things off ebay, pretty similiar to the one in question except the sata cable has to be plugged into the ide box, wasnt a part of it... however i cant help

4. lilg_06

lilg_06 Regular member

You might be able to flash a hitachi drive with that lead, but not a samsung drive, what drive do you have in your xbox 360, best thing to do is buy a VIA 6421A Chipset SATA Card.