1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flashing without Tools.. (LITE-ON)

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by myksterx, Jan 20, 2012.

1. myksterx

myksterx Regular member

Hi guys,

Not new to the modding scene although new to the xbox modding scene (flashing)

I have a question, as ive read a few websites and got a few different answers and just want to clear this up!

Ive got a LT 2.0 flashed drive (Lite-On)

I have read that i can flash it without the fancy tools, by connecting it to my motherboard (SATA).. (link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?src_vi...nnotation_id=annotation_314992&v=CrEPoewkCs4)

However, i have gotten to the stage where i need to extract the keys in order to re-flash it with LT 3.0

I read somewhere (Here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?src_vi...nnotation_id=annotation_314992&v=CrEPoewkCs4) that if you have a drive that is flashed with 1.5 and higher that you can extract the keys without the fancy tools using just a sata cable, is this correct?

Statement from the youtube video:
    "LiteOn Drives Currently Modded with iXtreme 1.5+ can be dumped just by using SATA"

If so, how so?

Last edited: Jan 20, 2012
  2. funksoulb

funksoulb Regular member

AFAIK, only the 8 series Lite-On drives can have their keys extracted without a probe, if they haven't been upgraded to 02510C.

Do you not have a backup of the firmware from the first time it was flashed? If you do, you can just use that as your source firmware and you won't need to extract the key using a probe.

3. myksterx

myksterx Regular member

this drive has been flashed by a guy i know locally, so i have no previous firmware or anything for it.

my firmware version is 83850C (by checking the drive internally and reading the version)

how would i be able to check if its been updated to 02510C, can i do this via SATA cable only?

Last edited: Jan 20, 2012
  4. funksoulb

funksoulb Regular member

Which dashboard version is the console on? If it's 2.0.13146.0 or above, then the drive has already been reflashed to an 02510C.

5. myksterx

myksterx Regular member

just checked dashboard and it is 2.0.13604.0 so its already on 02510C (damn)

nevermind, i have just purchsed a kit on ebay containing everything needed including x360usb pro probe etc