1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

flashing xbox 360 drive with linux as my os??

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by devnull1, May 8, 2007.

1. devnull1

devnull1 Member

I want to flash my xbox 360 drive, but i understand that at some point i have to boot from a jumpdrive into dos? Any tools i can use in linux to do this?

2. ha9981

ha9981 Regular member

i guess if you can get into dos it will work as normal! get someone to make you a boot usb using xtreme boot maker thing. or use some windows emulator thingi and make it with that.

3. devnull1

devnull1 Member

so, i can make a bootable cd, that has the "dos" files or whatever on it? I have the instructions for a bootable jumpdrive, i just wasnt sure if i needed windows as my os, or if it would just run from the drive

4. ha9981

ha9981 Regular member

u just need to boot to dos which itself is a separate operating system that runs off your floppy or usb rather then harddrive.

dos (disk operating system)

5. ha9981

ha9981 Regular member

you can use xtreme bootmaker in windows i think only to make a bootable floppy or usb!

6. devnull1

devnull1 Member

So step 1 i get the via chipset sata card, and install it in my linux pc , then i make a bootable jumpdrive in windows, then insert it into my linux box and boot from it? no dos needed?

problem being my old windows pc cant boot from usb, i can make the "key" on it, but will have to use it on my linux box

7. ha9981

ha9981 Regular member

k the usb BOOTS to DOS so does a floppy. except usb is more reliable. all those mtkflash commands are in dos!