1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flashing XBox Slim

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by big_green, Apr 17, 2012.

1. big_green

big_green Member

Hey all! I've been flashing my own and a couple of friends' phat xboxes for a while now, but my friend recently got the RROD (we did the x-clamp but it didn't take). He's strongly considering just buying new but is concerned about the flashability of the slims.

I understand after doing some research that in addition to my ck3 lite we would need the usb360pro. My question is, are any of the slim drives unflashable, and what are the chances of getting a console with one of the unflashable drives? Will I need any other equipment to flash?

Thanks!

2. peluynati

peluynati Regular member

there are 2 drives that are not flashable at present, if you look for a slim from 10-11 or before most i have seen have flashable drives in them.
    Will I need any other equipment to flash? a soldering iron is the easiest way to do kamikazee you should look on youtube about how to do that!

3. Modking30

Modking30 Regular member

A lot of the slims have the 1175. My first slim did, but I just put it back together and returned it. Second one had a 0401. I didn't do any damage to the xbox as I used the opening kit. Just my 2 cents, is there is no guarantee. I would recommend the lizard over the usbpro. More devices like the xkey support the lizard.

4. big_green

big_green Member

Thanks for the responses! So the slims require soldering for flashing? I will look into the lizard!

5. Modking30

Modking30 Regular member

You will have to either Drill into the chip on the PCB or cut and solder traces based on the chipset. The lizard will tell you if you have winbond which requires drilling or it will tell you if you have the Mcix or what ever it's called. Both require extra tools. Read the lizard manual here:

http://www.360lizard.com/website/forum.php

This goes into detail what you need.

6. big_green

big_green Member

Thanks a lot for your help :)